none
API service with BizTalk end points RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I am trying to figure out how to expose BizTalk endpoints to external clients via API Service. 

My set up: two biztalk servers running on Azure VMs. 

Option number 1: Use basicHttpRelayBinding and put API service in front of it. Something similar to this: http://www.quicklearn.com/blog/2013/07/05/publishing-a-wcf-service-via-service-bus-relay-in-biztalk-server-2013/
    Since I have two BizTalk servers, how will such configuration behave? Will the traffic always hit the server which establishes connection first? Or will it be random, either one or another, like File Adapter?

Option 2: 

Set up virtual network with external load balancer, so that BizTalk VMs and API service are in the same network, expose endpoint via basicHttp, and then configure API service?

What is the  fundamental difference between the two and when to sue one vs. another? Can somebody shed some light?

Thank you!

• Edited by fly2 Monday, January 8, 2018 9:23 PM addition
    Monday, January 8, 2018 8:18 PM

Answers

• Hi,

With Relay you will be making a outbound call so the traffic will be routed to a single server for single endpoint. If you need to load balancer  then you need to two relay endpoint and Azure Load balancer in front of both  .

If you use API Management in front of your web service then you can have a Azure load balancer on IIS  and API Management will act as a proxy to the BizTalk exposed endpoint . Let me know if you require additional information ,happy to help out .

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply

• Marked as answer by fly2 Wednesday, January 10, 2018 5:08 PM
    Tuesday, January 9, 2018 9:49 PM

All replies