none
WCF error when calling service from Biztalk with Windows Authentication. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I am trying to call an internal WCF service which requires windows authentication. And I keep on getting this exception:

System.ServiceModel.Security.MessageSecurityException: The HTTP request is unauthorized with client authentication scheme 'Negotiate'. The authentication header received from the server was 'Negotiate,NTLM,Basic realm="*******.nl"'. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelAsyncRequest.CompleteGetResponse(IAsyncResult result)

I tried numerious things and thought the solution was this blogpost:

http://www.codit.eu/blog/2014/03/28/star-using-windows-credentials-in-wcf-custom-adapter/

But still I am getting the  same error. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Sunday, June 7, 2015 10:01 AM

Answers

• Problem is solved! The Biztalk host instance account needs access to the WCF service and the name had to be in lower case. Also the operation name in the BizTalk orchestration needs to be in sink with the WCF action.
    • Marked as answer by Mark Willems Wednesday, June 17, 2015 9:54 AM
    Wednesday, June 17, 2015 9:54 AM

All replies