Contacts management and custom presence information RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm in the process of evaluating the managed P2P and Collaboration APIs/support for a Collaborative Project we are probably starting in the next few days. My requiriments are:

* The Contact Manager should be able to filter contacts of my application: This means that only a few contacts in the WAB will be part of my Collaborative Application. I could have a custom storage to define which contacts will be part of it but I'm looking for a built-in support for this.

* We need custom Presence information: We need to extend the presence information provided by the  PresenceChanged event in order to provide more information about for example which file is the user looking at, custom online/offline/busy app-specific status, etc.

Do you know if there is such a built-in support for achieving one of the above requirements?

Thanks,
    -Adrian

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 1:31 PM

All replies

• Hi Adrian:

We currently do not have support for grouping contacts, but I will follow up with the native PeerCollab guys and see if we can get that in at some point in the future.

We do support custom Presence information, through the DescriptiveText property of the PeerPresenceInfo class.

-dave

Friday, October 12, 2007 8:47 PM
  • Adrian,

We have done something along the lines you are looking at using OCS 2007 which I don't know if is a realistic option for you or not.

Amit.
    Saturday, October 13, 2007 12:13 PM