Filtered productlist with jQuery Ajax RRS feed

• Question

• User892592825 posted

Hi Guys,

I have "legacy" asp.net webforms C# application that I have been asked to update its has a productlist that should have infinite scroll preferebly with jQuery AJAX (because the UI uses it extensively) and multiple filters with count, that should update the browser url as the user scrolls down the page. 

I have done similar things with non ajax code and have done list with various CMS or ecommerce apps that has readymade plugins that doesnt take alot of work but this is a custom system built with webforms so I dont have that luxury.

Now does anyone have any resources to point me to that could get me a running start with this a code sample or anything that could be useful. 

Thanks

Monday, August 6, 2018 8:30 AM

All replies

• User283571144 posted

Hi Bashin,

I have "legacy" asp.net webforms C# application that I have been asked to update its has a productlist that should have infinite scroll preferebly with jQuery AJAX (because the UI uses it extensively) and multiple filters with count, that should update the browser url as the user scrolls down the page. 

According to your description, I couldn't understand your requirement clearly.

What do you mean update the browser url as the user scrolls down the page?

Normally, we will use some jquery library to help us achieve show the infinite scroll to get the data from code-behind in the web page.

Like:

https://infiniteajaxscroll.com/ 

https://jscroll.com/#/

Best Regards,

Brando

Tuesday, August 7, 2018 9:51 AM
  • User892592825 posted

Hello Brando,

Sorry for being unclear, ok so browser url update is infinitescroll pagination like function. so if at initial page load get 50 products in the list and then when I scroll down the page loads an additional 50 products and everytime it does this it acts as pagination so get something like page=2, page=3 etc.

ok thanks for the links I will have a closer look at them

Best regards,

/B

Sunday, August 12, 2018 5:37 AM
  • User892592825 posted

Hello Brando,
    Ok sorry for being unclear what I want to do is something like the product filtering and sorting they have in most ecommerce sites like in Macys
    for example combined with infinite scroll as they dont want physical paging. Ideally I want the users to be able to create and manage the filters in the admin except for some of the standard filter that should be extracted directly from the database. Like Category, Brandname, Price, DeliveryTime and StockStatus. 

So all filters that are checkbox should have a count next to them for how many products of that is visible but for range slider of price no count is 
    necessary.

Im not very sharp on AJAX even if I have made some easier things with it, and if I could do this in a solution with postbacks and physical paging I could do it easily, but with ajax and infinitescroll I dont know where to start. The links you gave me dont seem to have those capabilities.

For ecommerce systems like NopCommerce and WooCommerce people can just buy a ready plugin for this project now not so much.

Best Regards

Bashin

Tuesday, August 14, 2018 8:14 PM