none
And so it ends................. RRS feed

• General discussion

• ................been an interesting 10 years.

Sometimes funny, sometimes frustrating, sometimes infuriating.
    From NNTP newsgroups ( the best platform IMHO ) to the Forums to the boring pastel tablet style MSDN.
    From FrontPage 2003 and SharePoint Designer to EW 1,2,3 and 4.

Bought season tickets to Universal Studios for the wife's retirement gift.
    Time to ride roller coasters and have some fun.

Se you around the internet.

Steve

Expression Web MVP

Tuesday, December 31, 2013 8:19 PM

All replies

• Yeah, Happy New Year Steve. And everyone else.

Clark

ClarkNK, A.K.A. HomePage Doctor
    HomePageDoctor.com -- Database Tutorials
    Ownertrades.com -- Created with Expression, VWDExress, SQL Express, and ASP.NET
    Arvixe -- My favored web host

Wednesday, January 1, 2014 3:07 PM
  • Well, there is life beyond or at least there must be since I rarely stop by here anymore. Sadly the last transition from EW's separate forum to MSDN was one step to far for me.

FWIW, I'll be closing the http://expressionwebforum.com before too much longer so if there are any threads there someone wants to keep I'd advise copying them to your own computer. Some will live on over at http://by-expression.com or on its facebook page assuming I actually get around to doing much with the facebook page. I'll still answer questions when I see them though you'll have better luck over on by-epression.com contacting me than here. I do check more often than I post anymore but that still isn't very frequently. Most of my involvement is now with Dreamweaver since MS abandoned Expression Web and I'm not nor will I ever be a happy Visual Studio (full/express or whatever) user. If you do migrate over to Dreamweaver we've got a large mail list over on Yahoo Groups that welcomes questions even if it too has become less busy over time.

Cheryl

RIP FP & EW
    ---------------
    FrontPage MVP -> Expression Web MVP

Free Expression Web Tutorials
    For an Expression Web forum without the posting issues try expressionwebforum.com

Thursday, January 9, 2014 9:38 PM
  •  If you do migrate over to Dreamweaver we've got a large mail list over on Yahoo Groups that welcomes questions even if it too has become less busy over time.

Umm... yeah, I'd say so. If anything, it is even more moribund than this forum. If we get five posts in a week it's a flood (we've had ten posts since 12/13/13, and two of those were the first-of-the-month posting guidelines). That seems to be true for all Web dev groups, no matter what their focus. Besides the Adobe Dreamweaver group, I'm also on WebDesign-L, WSG, thelist, javascript, a Yahoo EW group, and a few others, and all of them, except WebDesign-L, an old-style listserv list, are pretty much dead these days. As little traffic as we get here, it is still more than I see on average in any of the other groups in which I participate.

I don't really know what's going on, I kind of suspect that newbies are being sucked in by these "build your own site—no knowledge needed!" adverts on TV, and have no idea of the kind of crappy, inaccessible, and SEO-unfriendly garbage they're producing. So, instead of trying to use professional tools, and coming to forums and groups asking questions, they're sitting there, fat, dumb, and happy, thinking they're all set with their cut and paste, drag and drop, POS "site-builder" Web sites. That, or maybe some other kind of venue than forums and groups (Facebook, maybe?) has usurped the attention of the newbies who used to generate the traffic in the more traditional venues. Who knows?

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, January 9, 2014 11:40 PM