none
VS2015 - Ctrl+S won't save: "Waiting for second key of chord..."

Question

• I am no longer able to press Ctrl+S to save in Visual Studio 2015. I don't know what changed. Now when I press Ctrl + S the status bar at the bottom says "Waiting for second key of chord".

I've reset the keyboard to the Default mapping scheme and that did not resolve the issue. I also verified that Ctrl+S was still set as the shortcut for save.

What do I need to do to make Ctrl+S save my current document?

I was going to attach screenshots, but my account is not verified. 

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 10:40 PM

Answers

• Hi KevinAdams_TriArc,

Whether all projects have the same issue? For example, just create a blank console app, and then edit it, how about the result?

If all projects have the same issue, maybe we would think about the VS IDE itself.

(1) Please install the latest update 3 and the KB.

(2) Run your VS in safe mode or as the admin, check it again. Please also close all third party tools in your windows.

Devenv/safemode: We could know that whether it is related to the extension tools/add-ins.

(3) If still no help, please repair your VS. Check the result.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, July 29, 2016 5:24 AM

All replies

• Hi KevinAdams_TriArc,

Whether all projects have the same issue? For example, just create a blank console app, and then edit it, how about the result?

If all projects have the same issue, maybe we would think about the VS IDE itself.

(1) Please install the latest update 3 and the KB.

(2) Run your VS in safe mode or as the admin, check it again. Please also close all third party tools in your windows.

Devenv/safemode: We could know that whether it is related to the extension tools/add-ins.

(3) If still no help, please repair your VS. Check the result.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, July 29, 2016 5:24 AM
  • Thank you, this resolved the problem.
    Tuesday, August 02, 2016 9:07 PM