none
.NET FRAME WORK ERROR!! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi  hopefully someone can help me.

I have a Western Digital External Hard, it works well however I want to install the software that came with it that will allow auto backups.  The install process seems to go ok and then I get an error message:

Error 25015.  Failed to install assembly ' C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.VisualBasic.Vsa.dll' because of system error:0x80131107

I have tried doing a google search on the error and tried searching Microsoft, problem is I don't know what Visual Basic is....Anyhows  I went into Add/Remove Programs and I can see the following Microsoft.NET Framework:

Microsoft.NET Framework 1.0 Hotfix (KB930494)
    Microsoft.NET Framework 1.1
    Microsoft.NET Framework 1.1 Hotfix (KB928366)
    Microsoft.NET Framework 2.0

So anyone have any clues on how to solve this problem, would appreciate your help and would prefer the answer to be in 'Easy/Intermediate' form I know a little on how to operate computers but not to technical!!

Thanks Again
    • Changed type YiChun Chen Monday, July 20, 2009 8:08 AM
    Friday, July 17, 2009 4:26 AM

Answers

• Hi All,

Finally have FIXED this STUPID problem!!!!!

I did try some of the solutions provided above and it still did not work.  I was about to re-download the version I had just cleaned when I was reading through the instructions it states to check Microsoft Updates...  Well I do have Auto Updates configured but thought what the heck I will see, after choosing Custom installation and browsing the updates - well what do you know I find .NET version 3.5 or something - I downloaded and installed it ( It takes for ever installing!!) and now the program works!!!

So why the heck didn't the auto updates download this update to begin with????
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Wednesday, July 22, 2009 4:33 AM
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 1:16 AM

All replies

Monday, July 20, 2009 11:48 PM
  • thanks for responding but after following this link and trying to click on the link it says the link is broken.
    Monday, July 20, 2009 11:49 PM
  • As far as I can tell the only broken link in that page is the .NET cleanup tool, correct? You can get an updated version here so you can continue following those steps:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/attachment/8904493.ashx
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 12:39 PM
  • Hi All,

Finally have FIXED this STUPID problem!!!!!

I did try some of the solutions provided above and it still did not work.  I was about to re-download the version I had just cleaned when I was reading through the instructions it states to check Microsoft Updates...  Well I do have Auto Updates configured but thought what the heck I will see, after choosing Custom installation and browsing the updates - well what do you know I find .NET version 3.5 or something - I downloaded and installed it ( It takes for ever installing!!) and now the program works!!!

So why the heck didn't the auto updates download this update to begin with????
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Wednesday, July 22, 2009 4:33 AM
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 1:16 AM
  • Hi Jas009,

I'm not quite sure "the heck didn't the auto updates download this update to begin with". I think that the instructions should be followed for installing 'Memeo Auto Backup' and 'Memeo AutoSync'.

I'm so glad to hear your issue is solved. Cheer! Have a good day.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 2:00 AM