none
AS2 Over Specific Port RRS feed

• Question

•  

AS2 through my current application (GIS) is generally sent through a specific port (in my case it is port 9080).  I need this to work for BizTalk, but am having trouble setting it up properly.

My firewall is open in both my Dev and Test environments and I have confirmed messages are being sent to my Dev server through port 9080.  My current Dev setup is this:

IIS: New Website called AS2 with a TCP port set to 9080

Home Directory Set to: C:\Program Files\Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006\HttpReceive

BizTalk Receive Location Set to: /AS2/BTSHTTPReceive.dll

My Test environment has a Send Port directed to the following URL in my Dev environment:

http://dev.net:9080/AS2/BTSHttpReceive.dll

My Test server is receiving the following error:

(503) Server Unavailable

My Dev Firewall can see the message and is forwarding it onto my Dev BizTalk Server, but there are no signs of it anywhere on that server.

I believe my setup may be wrong for this (since I'm not using a Virtual Directory) so if anyone has had experience with specific ports and AS2 I could really use your assistance!

Thanks,

David

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 11:00 PM

Answers

•  

OK, almost 24 hours later I figured it out.  As a separate website is created, so must a Virtual Directory underneath it be created.  Then the access is exactly the same for a standard AS2 connection, except you supply the port and then the Virtual Directory name only (along with /BTSHttpReceive.dll).  Although, I'm so new to this that it probably is a standard connection to create your own Web Site for AS2 and not use the Default Web site.  Anyway, we are up and running.  Hope this helps some other newbie!
    Wednesday, March 12, 2008 7:50 PM

All replies

•  

OK, almost 24 hours later I figured it out.  As a separate website is created, so must a Virtual Directory underneath it be created.  Then the access is exactly the same for a standard AS2 connection, except you supply the port and then the Virtual Directory name only (along with /BTSHttpReceive.dll).  Although, I'm so new to this that it probably is a standard connection to create your own Web Site for AS2 and not use the Default Web site.  Anyway, we are up and running.  Hope this helps some other newbie!
    Wednesday, March 12, 2008 7:50 PM
  • David,
    I am having a similar issue.  Not using the default website in IIS on the BTS Box. You stated:  "except you supply the port and then the Virtual Directory name only (along with /BTSHttpReceive.dll). "  Can you give a detail explanation of what that means to us newbies? 

Would your Virtual Directory path to the ISAPI Filter be /AS2/BTSHTTPReceive.dll   where AS2 is the name of the Virtual Directory created under your website in IIS??

http://dev.net:9080/AS2/BTSHttpReceive.dll   What does this refer too?

Thanks
    Friday, April 10, 2009 6:38 PM
  • David,
    I am having a similar issue.  Not using the default website in IIS on the BTS Box. You stated:  "except you supply the port and then the Virtual Directory name only (along with /BTSHttpReceive.dll). "  Can you give a detail explanation of what that means to us newbies? 

Would your Virtual Directory path to the ISAPI Filter be /AS2/BTSHTTPReceive.dll   where AS2 is the name of the Virtual Directory created under your website in IIS??

http://dev.net:9080/AS2/BTSHttpReceive.dll   What does this refer too?

Thanks
    Friday, April 10, 2009 6:38 PM