none
FindAppointments breaks in Publicfolder RRS feed

• Question

• Using EWS Managed API 2.0 my code breaks when I try to use FindAppointments in a publicfolder based calendar folder as it also contains MeetingRequests.

My work around uses the generic FindItems , but that doesn't allow filtering by timespan of the calendar items.

Is this a limitation of the SDK or will this be fixed at some time.

Thanks

Chris

Friday, January 3, 2014 3:56 PM

All replies

• What version of Exchange are you using ? What are the exact errors that your seeing ?. You might want to try enabling tracing http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd633676(EXCHG.80).aspx and posting the traces.

Cheers
    Glen

Sunday, January 5, 2014 11:20 PM
  • We are using Update Rollup 11 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 3, only.
    The error I am getting is:

{"Unable to cast object of type 'Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.MeetingRequest' to type 'Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.Appointment'."}

As there seem to be not just appointments but also Meeting requests and Meeting cancelations in the public folder.

The FindAppointment call doesn't seem to filter.

Am I right in assuming that if I could somehow accept all the reminders and process all cancellations the findAppointment call should work?

Thanks

Chris

Monday, January 6, 2014 9:42 AM
  • You shouldn't really have MeetingRequest objects in the folder as in a Mailbox they would never be their so I would just move them somewhere else.

Public Folders calendars have their limitations eg no FreeBusy and the Accept methods in the API's will only work on a Mailbox's primary calendar.

Cheers
    Glen

Tuesday, January 7, 2014 5:59 AM