Stack Overflow at line: 0 RRS feed

• Question

• User1556928295 posted

Don't know if this is the right place to post this or not. I am using IE8, VS2008, Windows XP SP3. I keep getting this error "Stack Overflow at line: 0" When I debug the page I get all these "Microsoft JScript runtime error:" I don't know if its a AJAX installation issue, or a IE8 issue. I followed the instructions on the AJAX website to install AJAX. And I've tried a lot of the suggestions I've seen on the web, but none seem to work. Any help is appreciated.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 10:30 AM

Answers

• User1556928295 posted

I did and as I said before I get:

I used the F12 and it gives me messages that don't make sense like "Microsoft JScript runtime error: Sys.ArgumentTypeException: Object of type 'Sys.Extended.UI.MaskedEditBehavior' cannot be converted to type 'Sys.Extended.UI.MaskedEditBehavior'.
    Parameter name: instance"

Apparently it's not an issue once it gets moved to a Development and Production Servers. I guess it is only an issue while on the local host.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, May 22, 2013 9:35 AM

All replies

• User281315223 posted

Have you tried using the Developer Tools (F12) within your browser? It can often provide some additional details on exactly what could be going wrong when dealing with issues relating to Javascript files.

You may want to try posting some of the code related to where your Stack Overflow error is appearing at as well.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 10:40 AM
  • User1556928295 posted

I used the F12 and it gives me messages that don't make sense like "Microsoft JScript runtime error: Sys.ArgumentTypeException: Object of type 'Sys.Extended.UI.MaskedEditBehavior' cannot be converted to type 'Sys.Extended.UI.MaskedEditBehavior'.

One happens when I try to do Javascript in a ListView Textbox:

<asp:TextBox ID="IGBNumTextBox" runat="server" AutoPostBack="true" 
                                onkeyup="javascript:return IGBNumTextBox(this, 6)" MaxLength="6"
                                OnTextChanged="IGBNumTextBox_TextChanged" Text='<%# Bind("IGBNum") %>' />
                            <asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="RequiredFieldValidator1" runat="server" ErrorMessage="* IGB number can not be blank."
                                ValidationGroup="ValidationGroup2" Text="*" ControlToValidate="IGBNumTextBox"
                                Display="Dynamic" SetFocusOnError="True"></asp:RequiredFieldValidator>
                            <asp:CustomValidator ID="CustomValidator2" runat="server" ValidationGroup="ValidationGroup2"
                                Text="*" ControlToValidate="IGBNumTextBox" OnServerValidate="CheckDuplicate2"
                                Display="Dynamic"></asp:CustomValidator>

Javascript Function:

function IGBNumTextBox(what, limit) {

var TestVar = document.getElementById('ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$ListView1$ctrl3$IGBNumTextBox').value;

if (what.value.length >= limit) {
                    __doPostBack(TestVar, "onchange");
                    return false
                }
            }

Code Behind:

Protected Sub IGBNumTextBox_TextChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs)

Dim tbIGBNum As TextBox = CType(ListView1.InsertItem.FindControl("IGBNumTextBox"), TextBox)
            Dim tbSerialNum As TextBox = CType(ListView1.InsertItem.FindControl("SerialNumTextBox"), TextBox)
            Dim tbModel As TextBox = CType(ListView1.InsertItem.FindControl("ModelTextBox"), TextBox)
            Dim tbManufacturer As TextBox = CType(ListView1.InsertItem.FindControl("ManufacturerTextBox"), TextBox)

Using conn As New SqlConnection("Data Source=SLOTS;Initial Catalog=RTT_DEV;Integrated Security=True")
                Using cmd As New SqlCommand("SELECT [SerialNum], [PlatformCode], [LicenseNumber] FROM [IGBNumber] WHERE [IGBNum] = @IGBNum", conn)
                    cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("IGBNum", tbIGBNum.Text)
                    conn.Open()
                    Dim Reader = cmd.ExecuteReader
                    If Reader.HasRows Then
                        While Reader.Read
                            tbSerialNum.Text = Reader("SerialNum")
                            tbModel.Text = Reader("PlatformCode")
                            tbManufacturer.Text = Reader("LicenseNumber")
                        End While
                    End If
                    Reader.Close()
                End Using
            End Using

End Sub

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 10:52 AM
  • User555306248 posted

You can turn off the "Disable Script Debugging" option inside of Internet Explorer and start debugging with Visual Studio if you happen to have that around.

http://forums.asp.net/t/1401323.aspx/1

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 11:48 PM
  • User1556928295 posted

I did and as I said before I get:

Apparently it's not an issue once it gets moved to a Development and Production Servers. I guess it is only an issue while on the local host.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, May 22, 2013 9:35 AM
  • User-1826709768 posted

I had this problem when the following two attributes were set in my page directive:

SmartNavigation="true"
    MaintainScrollPositionOnPostback="true" 

Remove either one and error message disappeared.

Friday, December 13, 2013 2:40 PM