none
Beta 8.1 Windows App Not Visible on Store

Question

• I'm working on testing an application that is in the store in beta. I am successfully able to access the windows phone version for beta testing. However, the link to the 8.1 version under view app identity URL for Windows 8.1 and earlier just takes me to the front page of the Windows Store, even though I am logged in with the email approved for beta testing. I do see the application in my applications (8.1 PC), however if I try to install it I get an error that the store is not available (note that I can install other apps fine). How should I troubleshoot this? Also, should a 8.1 application work in Windows 10 generally speaking? (it does not use any 8.1 specific features).
    Thursday, August 13, 2015 3:19 PM

All replies

• Hello,

if you can't install your app from Store, there might be some server issues.

Yes, 8.1 apps are compatible with 10.

Thursday, August 13, 2015 10:48 PM
  • Hi,

at the moment you have 3 options to publish a App in the Windows Store:

-Anyone can find your app in the Store                    

-Hide this app in the Store. Customers with a direct link to the app’s listing can still download it, except on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. Learn more

-Hide this app and stop selling Learn more

If your App was published as Beta in the Windows Phone Store before the Dashboard Upgrade, it will only be available for Windows Phone Users until you change to one of the 3 options.

Beta or hidden Apps are not supported in Win 8.1.

If you want to Beta test your app on Win 8.1 use Sideloading:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/jj874388.aspx

• Edited by tichachm Friday, August 14, 2015 7:01 AM
    • Proposed as answer by tichachm Thursday, December 3, 2015 6:33 AM
    Friday, August 14, 2015 7:00 AM