none
Amazon S3 - Cloudfront RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Scott,

From the link you posted, it appears that the person who posted it figured out how to get Amazon's Cloud to work with his ClickOnce deployment. 'Using ACL's' means he is giving specific people permission to access the folder where he is deploying his ClickOnce application. I'm assuming this is just like giving someone permission to a folder on a server; you probably need to have the info about the user (domain/username?).

As far as how to do that specifically using Amazon's cloud service, you'd need to contact Amazon.

RobinDotNet

Click here to visit my ClickOnce blog!
    Microsoft MVP, Client App Dev
    Monday, February 22, 2010 6:14 AM

All replies

• Hi,

When you say you have private content set up and it generates key pairs, do the key pairs have to be used between the client and the cloud? If so, then this won't work with ClickOnce deployment. THe user must have direct access between the application and the ClickOnce server. Using ACLs work because it allows direct access, but only for approved users.

RobinDotNet

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 8:54 PM
  • Hi Robin,
    Thanks so much for getting back to me. When you say using ACLs work can you explain more. I have ACL's set up for me only at the moment. I can certainly take off the key pairs setup but don't want to leave the item open for anyone to download it.
    I suppose what I am saying is if I upload an item and set for 'All Users; to Read then anyone can download it. I would love to be able to just allow certain users to access that download the item.
    Thanks again. Scott
    Friday, February 19, 2010 4:03 PM
  • Hi Scott,

From the link you posted, it appears that the person who posted it figured out how to get Amazon's Cloud to work with his ClickOnce deployment. 'Using ACL's' means he is giving specific people permission to access the folder where he is deploying his ClickOnce application. I'm assuming this is just like giving someone permission to a folder on a server; you probably need to have the info about the user (domain/username?).

As far as how to do that specifically using Amazon's cloud service, you'd need to contact Amazon.

RobinDotNet

Monday, February 22, 2010 6:14 AM
  • Thanks again Robin. I'll follow it up.
    Cheers Scott
    Monday, February 22, 2010 8:50 AM