none
Problem Connecting to the database on windows server 2003 Startup. RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

These days i am having a problem related to database connection on the windows server 2003 startup.I have a C# application which is required to be start when the OS(Windows Server 2003) starts application runs it gets the connection parameter from a text file and connectes to the DB . The problem is that it doesn't connect to the database and throws an exception "Login failed for user xyz" but when i run this application my self with same parameters it works fine the thing is that it is run fine on startup of windows vista and xp but not working on windows server 2003 please give me a solution for this problem.

Thanks is advance.

Hunain Durrani.

Monday, August 27, 2007 8:06 AM

Answers

• hi

I read about that problem before i think instead of reading the connection from text file u can go for reading the connection string from registry that will work fine.

now how to add the registry key that i have to look up. as soon i got that i get back to u

avinob

Monday, August 27, 2007 9:24 AM

All replies

• hi

I read about that problem before i think instead of reading the connection from text file u can go for reading the connection string from registry that will work fine.

now how to add the registry key that i have to look up. as soon i got that i get back to u

avinob

Monday, August 27, 2007 9:24 AM
  •  

Thank you very much for your reply please do help me with a piece of code of the solution u mentioned , durring this time i will also try to work on your suggestion.

Thanks

Monday, August 27, 2007 11:10 AM