HTML Rendering does not work properly table RRS feed

• Question

• User982749036 posted

I am experiencing the same thing as this person. (https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/635825/report-viewer-2010-markup-type-html-does-not-render-the-tables)

i have the following as an expression:
    = "<table border=""1"" cellpadding=""5""><tr><td>CEll1</td><td>Cell2</td></tr></table>"

Set expression to render as html via placeholder properties
    renders as Cell1Cell2 with no border or padding.

scenario
    Brand new 4.0 Web SITE
    Add Default.aspx
    Add ScriptManager
    Add ReportViewer
    Create Report.rdlc (add textbox with expression- manually write expression as above)
    Set Expression to render as HTML
    Link ReportViewer to Report.rdlc

RUN IT.

With placeholder properties off it outputs as
    <table border="1" cellpadding="5"><tr><td>CEll1</td><td>Cell2</td></tr></table>

Wednesday, May 4, 2011 11:02 AM

Answers

• User1471008070 posted

Hi,

Currently, it may not be able to display item in a table tag, if you want to display the table, you could use the build-in table control in Reporting Services, then import HTML from a field in your dataset for use in the table's textbox.

However here I still would recommend you to submit a feedback to Microsoft Connect at this link at this link https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/Feedback This connect site is a connection point between you and Microsoft. Your feedback enables Microsoft to make software and services the best that they can be, Microsoft might consider to add this feature in the following release.

Regards,
    Challen Fu

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 3:53 AM

All replies

• User1471008070 posted

Hi,

Currently, it may not be able to display item in a table tag, if you want to display the table, you could use the build-in table control in Reporting Services, then import HTML from a field in your dataset for use in the table's textbox.

However here I still would recommend you to submit a feedback to Microsoft Connect at this link at this link https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/Feedback This connect site is a connection point between you and Microsoft. Your feedback enables Microsoft to make software and services the best that they can be, Microsoft might consider to add this feature in the following release.

Regards,
    Challen Fu

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 3:53 AM
  • User-2064897223 posted

I suffered a lot with the firefox, chrome and IE explorer issue too. And finally this worked great for me for all the browser. Yaaaahooo :)

<rsweb:ReportViewer ID="ReportViewer1" runat="server" zoom="default" toolbar="True" parameters="True" AsyncRendering="False" SizeToReportContent="True" Width="100%" style="overflow:hidden;width:100%;">

</rsweb:ReportViewer>

Friday, June 15, 2012 4:27 PM