Why test case's name becomes lowercase RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Sometimes, I find my test case's name becomes lowercase. Is it a bug? Or any design of VSTS?

If it is a bug, any walk around?

If it is VSTS design, what is the design purpose?

Thanks,

Leon

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 5:47 AM

Answers

• I am unable to repro the results you are reporting.  Can you include a set of repro steps for me to follow?

Thanks,

David

Thursday, April 27, 2006 8:38 PM

All replies

• Could you describe a case where the test case's name becomes lowercase?

Thanks,
    Rick

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 2:13 PM
  • I've seen this in the Test View pane, but only with Ordered Tests.

All of my Ordered Tests end up with lower-case names, even when they don't actually have all-lower-case names.

Doesn't really bother me, but I'm guessing this is what the post is about.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 8:27 PM
  • There is a known issue where test names become lower case after editing properties in the Property grid window.  That might be what you are seeing.
    Tuesday, April 25, 2006 8:44 PM
  • Dear all,

Is there any work around to solve this problem? I meet big inconvenience when we run the ordered test case. Sometimes the test case name in the ordered test case changes to lowercase and the ordered test case could not find the original test case with uppercase name.

Thanks,

Leon

Thursday, April 27, 2006 3:06 AM
  • I am unable to repro the results you are reporting.  Can you include a set of repro steps for me to follow?

Thanks,

David

Thursday, April 27, 2006 8:38 PM
  • Hello David,

I am having a similar problem as the previous poster; here is a description:

We are running  a load test that tracks transactions (time of transactions, number of transactions, etc.).  In order to invoke these transactions, we are using the testContext BeginTimer method and passing in a string for the transaction name.  The vast majority of our transaction names appear as expected, but there are a select few that are shown in all lower case letters.  This proves to be a problem because we have reports that compare load test results from one build to another.  Having these extraneous transactions makes it difficult to get an accurate reading on the test.  Furthermore, the transactions that are in lowercase don't actually have any transaction data in them, or they only have one transaction.  Is this a bug in the framework, in the BeginTimer method, or something completely unrelated?  It seems as though other people are experiencing similar issues, so it could be a problem with the framework.  Please let me know at your earliest convenience.

Best regards,

Josh

Friday, February 16, 2007 8:52 PM
  • Hi,

I am also having this problem and I am using BeginTimer. I think there is some correlation between transactions that fail and the lowercase transaction name. They certainly have some skewed timings.

regards

Ken

Tuesday, March 13, 2007 8:11 PM