none
VBA Form Calendar RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I have a form that I have been using a monthview for the calendar.  We are moving to Office 2016 and it appears this is no longer an option. Has anyone found a solution for this? 

thanks

Sunday, October 23, 2016 12:39 PM

All replies

• I have a form that I have been using a monthview for the calendar.  We are moving to Office 2016 and it appears this is no longer an option. 

Which software do you use a "monthview" for the calendar?
    Is it Microsoft Word, its version is older than 2016? 
    • Edited by Ashidacchi Sunday, October 23, 2016 10:40 PM
    Sunday, October 23, 2016 10:40 PM
  • I'm afraid Office 2016 does not have an adequate controls we want.

With Office 2013 and 2010, we can add "Date and Time Picker Control" in User Form.
    But we can NOT with Office 2016.

I've tried to use "Outlook Date Control" with Word/Excel 2016, in vain.
    An error occurs in Run time. It says "Interface not supported" (originally in Japanese).

[note]
     In order to add controls, 
     1. on Menu in VBE screen, select [Tools] > [Additional Controls]

2. select 
          a) in case of Office 2010: [Microsoft Date and Time Picker Control...]
          b) in case of Office 2016: [Microsoft Outlook Date Control]

Regards,
    Ashidacchi
    Sunday, October 23, 2016 11:58 PM
  • Hi JJB Consulting,

you can try to use Microsoft Date Time Picker Control from Additional Controls option in toolbox.

I try to test this Control in Word 2016 and it is working correctly. check the output mentioned below.

Demo Example Code:

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
    Label1.Caption = DTPicker1.Value
    End Sub

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 24, 2016 2:18 AM
  • Hi Deepak Panchal10,

Which version and build of Office have you used?
    I suppose you're using older than Office 2016, such as 2013, 2010.

I could not find "Microsoft Date and Time Picker Control 6.0" in Office 2016.

I'm using Office Pro.Plus 2016:
       Version 1609 (Build 7369.2038)

Office 2010: Microsoft Date and Time Picker Control 6.0 can be seen.

• Edited by Ashidacchi Monday, October 24, 2016 3:09 AM
    Monday, October 24, 2016 3:08 AM
  • Hi Ashidacchi,

below is the version and build information that you had asked.

It is using MS Office 2016.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 1:31 AM
  • Hi Deepak Panchal10,

Thank you for information.
    Your screenshot shows "Office 365", instead of "Office 2016".

If you're using "Office 2016", which package did you use as an installer, ClickOnce or MSI?

# I installed Office 2016 via ClickOnce.

• Edited by Ashidacchi Tuesday, October 25, 2016 2:35 AM
    Tuesday, October 25, 2016 2:17 AM
  • Hi Ashidacchi,

we have subscription of Office 365 on Office 2016.

I don't know by which way they installed because it's not our responsibility to install these products.

it all handles by other It Team who look after and take care about this.

All I can say that it is Office 2016. you can check the information mentioned in the picture.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 2:28 AM
  • Hi Deepak Panchal10,

Thank you for information again.

May I ask you to try to update your Office?
    My Office 2016 is build 7369.2037 and yours 7369,2017.

I've heard a several troubles in the latest build of Office 2016, expecially Excel 2016.
    Tuesday, October 25, 2016 2:34 AM
  • Hi Ashidachhi,

currently I have to check and test many codes on multiple Ms Office Applications.

so I am unable to update the MS Office currently.

I can try for that after work.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 3:43 AM
  • Hi Deepak Panchel10,

Thanks a lot.
        I hope you will be able to update your MS Office 2016 and to reproduce the issue of JJB consulting and me.

Hi JJB consulting,

How is your issue?  Have you found any resolution?
        I would like to see your "Additional Controls" screen.
        Could you insert a screenshot? or share it via cloud storage such as OneDrive, DropBox?

Regards,
    Ashidacchi 

• Edited by Ashidacchi Tuesday, October 25, 2016 4:27 AM
    Tuesday, October 25, 2016 4:27 AM
  • Hi Ashidachhi,

I update my MS Office 2016 with latest available updates.

you can see the new version in the picture mentioned below.

and I find that Microsoft Date and Time Picker is still there and I can use it.

maybe there is some issue with your MS Office and I hope that op also have this control in his MS Office Application and can able to use it to fulfill his requirement.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, October 27, 2016 1:36 AM
  • Hi Deepak,

Thank you for infomation.

According to your description, there exist some differences between you and me.

1. You have subscription of Office 365 and use it.
        (I have that of MSDN. So I suppose I could use Office 365, but I have not used it. I'll try to use it.)

2. The version of Office 2016/365:
         yours: 1610 (Build 7466.2022)
         mine: 1609 (Build 7369.2038)

My Office 2016 cannot be updated further, i.e. it's the latest in my case.

3. My Office 2016 is Japanese version originally. And I've added the Language Pack of English.

Regards,
    Ashidacchi
    • Edited by Ashidacchi Thursday, October 27, 2016 3:30 AM
    Thursday, October 27, 2016 3:28 AM
  • Hi Ashidachhi,

Note. If the Microsoft Date Piker control is not available in the More Controls list, it's most likely because of the following reasons:

• You are using the 64 bit version of Office. Regrettably, there is no official date picker control for Office64-bit. The only solution is using a third-party calendar for Excel.
    • The calendar control (mscomct2.ocx) is not available or is not registered on your machine. To fix this, please follow these instructions: How to register the calendar control.

The Date and Time Picker is part of a library of tools with the catchy title  of MSCOMCT2.OCX

if you are using the Office 2016 32 bit version and Microsoft Date time Picker is not available then you can download the MSCOMCT2.OCX from the link mentioned below.

Download MSCOMCT2.OCX

please visit the link mentioned below to view the steps to install above mentioned library.

Installing the Date and Time Picker Control for VBA

it looks like you are using Office 2016 64 bit version.

-> if you are using 64 bit version then you can try to use third party Calendar control. so many Calendar controls are available on the internet. you can try to find.

Regards

Deepak 

MSDN Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Ashidacchi Friday, October 28, 2016 1:54 AM
    Friday, October 28, 2016 12:57 AM
  • Hi Deepak and JJB consulting,

Deepak, I appreciate your spending much time.
    I've got it. I could use Date and Time Picker control.

my environment:
      Windows 10 [64-bit]
      Office 2016 [32-bit]

I did this:
    1. download "MSCOMCT2.OCX"
    2. copy it to "C:\%windows%\SysWOW64" folder
    3. run cmd.exe
      3.1. change current directory to "C:\%windows%\SysWOW64"
      3.2. type "regsvr32 mscomct2.ocx" and [Enter]
    4. reboot Windows

I hope JJB consulting will do like me and will be able to use Date and Time Picker control, according to his/her environment[*1].

[*1] 
      If using 64-bit version of Windows, do what I did.
      If using 32-bit version of Windows, do below.
        1. download "MSCOMCT2.OCX"
        2. copy it to "C:\%windows%\SysWOW64" folder
        3. run cmd.exe
           3.1. change current directory to "C:\%windows%\SysWOW64"
           3.2. type "regsvr32 mscomct2.ocx" and [Enter]
        4. reboot Windows

Best regards,
    Ashidacchi
    Friday, October 28, 2016 2:15 AM
  • Hi Ashidacchi,

Glad to know that you are now able to use Microsoft Date Time Picker Control in Office 2016.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support

Friday, October 28, 2016 7:36 AM
  • You can download the Calendar.dotm Word Add-in from the following page of my OneDrive

http://bit.ly/1hduSCB

and use the userform from that in your projects.Alternatively, see https://sites.google.com/site/e90e50/calendar-control-class

and more on the following page of Greg Maxey's website:

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/word_tip_pages/date_picker_form.html

Doug Robbins - Word MVP dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org

Saturday, October 29, 2016 8:24 AM