Event based trigger RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am trying to load/copy csv file which is present in blob to azure sql database. and I want to execute the pipeline only when there will be change in data which is present in blob rather it should not be get executed. I am using free subscription for it. I am trying event based trigger but getting error as trigger activation error, How can I do this by using event based trigger?
    Thursday, November 28, 2019 9:32 AM

All replies

• Have you registered event grid in subscription? I'm not sure if it works with free subscription but give it a try.

Reference:

If the response helped, do "Mark as answer" and upvote it
    - Vaibhav

Thursday, November 28, 2019 9:45 AM
  • No. I have not registered. Can we add it in our subscription after subscription or is there any alternative for the mentioned problem?

I am trying to get event grid subscription on free trail , will you please tell me which one should I select?  

Thursday, November 28, 2019 10:24 AM
  • No. I have not registered. Can we add it in our subscription after subscription or is there any alternative for the mentioned problem?

Azure portal - Search for Subscriptions (Not Event Subscriptions)

- Vaibhav

Thursday, November 28, 2019 10:32 AM
  • No, I am not having it in my subscription. If there will be any alternative for this solution for pipeline operation,please suggest. Thanks for all your answers.
    Thursday, November 28, 2019 10:51 AM
  • Hey Arati,

The event based trigger in ADF works on top of Event Grid and hence you need to have an event grid subscription. 

Unfortunately, it cannot be provisioned for a free trial as you can see from the below screenshot :

One alternate you can explore is a Schedule trigger. With this, you can have a fixed schedule to run the piepline.

Hope this helps.

Friday, November 29, 2019 9:36 AM
  • No, I am not having it in my subscription. If there will be any alternative for this solution for pipeline operation,please suggest. Thanks for all your answers.

Options:

1 - Upgrade the account to use Event based feature
    2 - Use scheduled trigger and schedule accordingly as per CSV update timing
    3 - If you have control on csv update activity, you can have one post activity which runs PowerShell and triggers the pipeline.

- Vaibhav

Friday, November 29, 2019 12:53 PM
  • Hey  Arati

Just wanted to check - were the above suggestion helpful to you? If yes, please consider upvoting and/or marking them as answer. This would help other community members reading this thread.

Friday, December 13, 2019 9:33 AM