none
SQL Azure Sync between two clients

Question

• Hi,

I'm successfully sync'ing data between SQL Express and SQL Azure and I now want to deploy the application to a second client also running SQL Express. If the application directly updates the Azure database then the change is sync'ed to the SQL Express DB on each client. If the application updates the DB on the original client, the change is sync'ed to the Azure DB, but NOT to the newly deployed client. If I update the SQL Express DB on the newly deployed client, changes are NOT sync'ed to the Azure DB. I am using the same code to perform the Sync on each client and am running the sync  through the command line. I seeded the SQLE database on the newly deployed client by performing of backup of the DB from the first client and restoring on the second client.

Any thoughts on why my changes are not sync'ing from the newly deployed client?

Thanks

Dave

Think I found my answer here http://blogs.msdn.com/sync/archive/2009/12/14/how-to-synchronize-multiple-geographically-distributed-sql-server-databases-using-sql-azure-data-sync.aspx

Thanks!

Monday, October 11, 2010 5:36 PM

Answers