Can i set display size and resolution of VM same as Surface Go and Surface Pro? RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Azure Supporter,
    I have a question about the Windows Virtual Desktop product.
    Can I set display size and resolution of the VM to the same 
    display size and resolution of surface go and surface pro or something like this.
    I want to use it for manual testing and automation testing webapp on these tablet pc.

Best regards,
    Tuan.
    Wednesday, November 13, 2019 1:26 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I think we cant set the resolution while connecting with Windows Virtual desktop client. I will check with the team and let you know.

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 11:56 AM
    Owner
  • Thanks for your reply,

I look forward to hearing good news from you.

Best Regards.

Thursday, November 14, 2019 12:20 AM
  • Hi,

You can set display size of the RDP window if thats what you mean?  When you connect to RDP, choose the 'display' tab and change to what you want the res to be?

Thanks,

Matt

Thursday, November 14, 2019 12:26 AM
  • Hi,

You can set display size of the RDP window if thats what you mean?  When you connect to RDP, choose the 'display' tab and change to what you want the res to be?

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your answer,

The res target I want to change are Surface Go(1800 x 1200) and Surface Pro(2736 x 1824).

But in RDP not have these res, just have a "full screen display", so I want to know what res VM has?

Because I want to test my web app on these tablet PC. So these res are necessary.

Best Regards.

Thursday, November 14, 2019 2:12 AM
  • Hi,

Got the reply from the product team.

"

You should be able to set the resolution like standard RDP files, following this article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-desktop/customize-rdp-properties .

The properties are then linked here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/remote/remote-desktop-services/clients/rdp-files. Namely

• desktopheight:i:##
    • desktopwidth:i:###

"

Try this out and let me know if this helps your use case

Thursday, November 14, 2019 6:34 AM
    Owner
  • Hello,

Any update on the issue?

If the suggested response helped you resolve your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and "Up-Vote" for the answer that helped you for benefit of the community.

Thanks

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 11:41 AM
  • Sorry for late reply.

Thanks Jakaruna about your answer.

Best regards.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 12:51 AM