none
Oracle Adapter ActionMapping RRS feed

• Question

• I have a scenario where we have different database schema names in Oracle in dev , test and UAT environments. When I generate a BizTalk schema using an oracle stored procedure, I get the database schema name in my biztalk schema namespace and also in the BTSAction mapping in the port bindings.

I want to avoid creating different schemas for all environments. Is there a way to generalize the BTSActionMappings at the port and also the TargetNamespace at the BizTalk schema.

Friday, November 15, 2013 4:18 PM

Answers

All replies

• To answer you specific questions, no.

However, you might be able to aliviate the problem caused by the Action by wrapping your Operations in a Composit Operation. 

That way, the Action will always be http://Microsoft.LobServices.OracleDB/2007/03/CompositeOperation regardless of the actual Action.

• Marked as answer by Pengzhen Song Monday, November 25, 2013 9:17 AM
    Friday, November 15, 2013 6:22 PM
  • I don't see any reason to create different schemas for different env's like DEV, SAT, TEST et.al. but just in case the solution for your problem can be.

1. Create wrapper schema to use to env specific schema's.

2. While migrating your solution to different env's always use dynamic ports and read the values for BTS-ActionMapping context property from configuration based on which env your appln is running. 

Hope this helps.

Monday, November 18, 2013 5:46 AM