none
How to handle OUTLOOK addin InactiveList in APPV 5.0 RRS feed

• Question

• I Tried to sequence an OUTLOOK addin using APP V 5.0 Sequencer.

While sequencing, I launch the OUTLOOK shortcut, I was able to see the ADDIN in ACTIVE LIST.

But when I install the addin and launch shortcut, the ADDIN is comming in INACTIVE LIST.

I have checked LOAD BEHAVIOUR value is '3'

But still the addin is comming under INACTIVE list.

Please let me know any one faced the same issue earlier and do we have any solution to appear in ACTIVE LIST.?

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 10:00 AM

Answers

• Hello,

I'd start from checking the Trust Center settings first. Is macro security applied to add-ins as well?

Is your add-in listed in the Disabled Items list?

Microsoft Office applications can disable add-ins that behave unexpectedly. If an application does not load your add-in, the application might have hard disabled or soft disabled your add-in.

Hard disabling can occur when an add-in causes the application to close unexpectedly. It might also occur on your development computer if you stop the debugger while the Startup event handler in your add-in is executing.

Soft disabling can occur when an add-in produces an error that does not cause the application to unexpectedly close. For example, an application might soft disable an add-in if it throws an unhandled exception while the Startup event handler is executing.

When you re-enable a soft-disabled add-in, the application immediately attempts to load the add-in. If the problem that initially caused the application to soft disable the add-in has not been fixed, the application will soft disable the add-in again.

You can read more about that in the How to: Re-enable an Add-in That Has Been Disabled article in MSDN.

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 10:09 AM
  • Hi,

According to the description, it seems that you are developing an VSTO add-in, am I right?

What's the bitness of operating system and Office on the target machine? Also can you share the more detail about the path of registry entries you are checking?

As far as I know, we can check the registry entry via table below:

Office version

Configuration Path

32-bit

Root\Software\Microsoft\Office\application name\Addins\add-in ID

64-bit

Root\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\application name\Addins\add-in ID

The Root is HKEY_CURRENT_USER, also you can get more detail it from link below:
    Registry Entries for Application-Level Add-Ins

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, February 19, 2015 1:59 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I'd start from checking the Trust Center settings first. Is macro security applied to add-ins as well?

Is your add-in listed in the Disabled Items list?

Microsoft Office applications can disable add-ins that behave unexpectedly. If an application does not load your add-in, the application might have hard disabled or soft disabled your add-in.

Hard disabling can occur when an add-in causes the application to close unexpectedly. It might also occur on your development computer if you stop the debugger while the Startup event handler in your add-in is executing.

Soft disabling can occur when an add-in produces an error that does not cause the application to unexpectedly close. For example, an application might soft disable an add-in if it throws an unhandled exception while the Startup event handler is executing.

When you re-enable a soft-disabled add-in, the application immediately attempts to load the add-in. If the problem that initially caused the application to soft disable the add-in has not been fixed, the application will soft disable the add-in again.

You can read more about that in the How to: Re-enable an Add-in That Has Been Disabled article in MSDN.

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 10:09 AM
  • Hi,

According to the description, it seems that you are developing an VSTO add-in, am I right?

What's the bitness of operating system and Office on the target machine? Also can you share the more detail about the path of registry entries you are checking?

As far as I know, we can check the registry entry via table below:

Office version

Configuration Path

32-bit

Root\Software\Microsoft\Office\application name\Addins\add-in ID

64-bit

Root\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\application name\Addins\add-in ID

The Root is HKEY_CURRENT_USER, also you can get more detail it from link below:
    Registry Entries for Application-Level Add-Ins

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, February 19, 2015 1:59 AM