none
Sony Vegas 9.0 Microsoft .NET Framework error. RRS feed

• Question

• Hey i have an error where i start up sony vegas 9 and this is what comes up

When i click "OK" it continues on and says this.

Can anyone plz help? I run windows 7, and i have already repaired, and installed newest .NET framework 

• Moved by Paul Zhou Monday, October 31, 2011 8:01 AM move for better support (From:Common Language Runtime)
    Friday, October 28, 2011 9:42 PM

Answers

• The first error obviously state that it can't find your runtime, probably a configuration problem.

In Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Turn Windows Feature on and off, try uninstall and then reinstall .NET framework 3.5 SP1 then.

Sunday, October 30, 2011 2:19 PM
  • Hi DrConviction,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

You can try this: Start>>Control Panel>>Uninstall a program>>On the left part, choose “Turn Windows features on or off”>>Find the “Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1”>>Enable “Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1” and all its sub nodes>>OK.

Since the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is embedded in Windows 7 as a OS component, if you fail to launch it or verify it, you will be required to repair or reinstall your OS. You can use .NET Framework Setup Verification Tool to verify the .NET Frameworks installed on your machine: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/10/13/8999004.aspx

If you have any other concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Alexander Sun [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, October 31, 2011 9:54 AM

All replies

• Here seems to suggest .NET framework v3.02(I assume that means .NET v3.0 with SP2 installed) is required?

Saturday, October 29, 2011 2:50 AM
  • well where can i download 3.02?
    Saturday, October 29, 2011 3:31 AM
  • It's included as part of .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 runtime. (Shown in the information below requiring KB959209 be installed immediately after this runtime installation)

I think the requirement is written this way to specfiy it only works with .NET v3.0 with latest update, but doesn't use anything in .NET 3.5.

• Edited by cheong00 Saturday, October 29, 2011 4:19 AM
    Saturday, October 29, 2011 4:16 AM
  • as i downoad i get this error.

Then after that this comes up

Saturday, October 29, 2011 1:30 PM
  • The first error obviously state that it can't find your runtime, probably a configuration problem.

In Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Turn Windows Feature on and off, try uninstall and then reinstall .NET framework 3.5 SP1 then.

Sunday, October 30, 2011 2:19 PM
  • which ones do i turn off? there is none that say windows feature

srry im like a computer idiot T.T

Sunday, October 30, 2011 2:46 PM
  • There should be an item on the side menu that says "Turn Windows Feature on and off", click on that and you'll see a Windows Feature listing. As far as I remember, ".NET Framework v3.5" should be somewhere down the bottem. of the list
    Monday, October 31, 2011 1:16 AM
  • Hi DrConviction,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

You can try this: Start>>Control Panel>>Uninstall a program>>On the left part, choose “Turn Windows features on or off”>>Find the “Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1”>>Enable “Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1” and all its sub nodes>>OK.

Since the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is embedded in Windows 7 as a OS component, if you fail to launch it or verify it, you will be required to repair or reinstall your OS. You can use .NET Framework Setup Verification Tool to verify the .NET Frameworks installed on your machine: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/10/13/8999004.aspx

Best Regards,

Alexander Sun [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, October 31, 2011 9:54 AM
  • aright it gets past it and starts the download, but then on the install it says error, about a minute in
    Monday, October 31, 2011 8:46 PM
  • In this case, please find somewhere like PasteBin to upload your log (it should be in your %temp% folder), then post to the .NET Framework Setup Forum for help.

You're reminded to mask any sensitive information from the log file before uploading.

• Edited by cheong00 Tuesday, November 1, 2011 1:00 AM
    Tuesday, November 1, 2011 12:57 AM
  • T.T sighh
    Tuesday, November 1, 2011 5:23 PM
  • Hi DrConviction,

Did you use .NET Framework Verification Tool to verify it? Could you please let me know the results?

Best Regards,

Alexander Sun [MSFT]

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 8:32 AM