none
What does this error mean: 'TF400777: Unable to find the datbase for the host with name 'ABC' and id 'xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx' ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I am using MSSQL2014/TFS 2015/ReportServer/reportBuilder/Win10 and I tried to move the tfs databases into other hardware. I followed the instructions given here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/vsts/tfs-server/admin/move-clone-hardware?view=tfs-2015.

However, when I am tried to run the instruction: '>TFSConfig RemapDBs /databaseName:NewServer;Tfs_Configuration /SQLInstances:NewServer', I got the following error:

The Team Foundation Server configuration was successfully reconfigured. The foll
    owing actions were taken:

TF400777: Unable to find the database for the host with name 'ABC' and id 'xxxx-xxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx'. This collection will be marked as unavailable
    . Please stop this collection via the TFS Management Console.

I reran the operation remapdbs with the '/continue' option several times but to no avail.  The previous commands (perepareclone and changeserverid) went through with apparent success. I can see the collection 'ABC' in  TFS Management Console but it stayed offline. I can also see the restored database Tfs_ABC in SSMS, apparently with all the correct data

Thus what this error TF400777 was about and how to fix it. Please help.

Friday, May 25, 2018 2:51 AM

All replies

• Hi R.LeVanMao,

Sorry, I cannot find any error number related to TF400777 in Error and Event Messages in Team Foundation

Anyway, looks like you have not configuration for TFS backup and restore.  please first make sure you exactly following the instruction: Move or Clone Team Foundation Server from one hardware to another

And remember detach the collection in the TFS admin console before taking the backup.

Double check your steps and try it again.

Regards,

Pirlo Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 28, 2018 8:40 AM