How to capture the game live video into a video file under store app?

Question

• Dear All:

Under win8 store app how to capture game live video into a video file? I use the sink writer but sink writer is too slow to record a smooth video! So does there has a method to make me record the game smooth like to  record content from camera?

Thanks

Monday, May 20, 2013 9:58 AM

Answers

• Hello,

You can try using the low latency codec options. This might help a bit but keep in mind that screen capture takes a lot of resources since each frame has to pass the buss an average of four times. This could theoretically be reduced if you did not want to record front buffer data and had direct access to the Game's back buffer. You could theoretically convert the back buffer to a texture (on the card) and pass this texture directly to the encoding subsystem (on the card). You could then pull the encoded frame across the bus and save it to a file. This would reduce the number of times the frame passed over the bus. That said, the limited access to DXVA HD from the context of a Windows Store app may make this possible solution difficult to implement if at all possible. I honestly don't know if the necessary APIs exist to allow this but it is theoretically possible.

I hope this helps,

James

Windows SDK Technologies - Microsoft Developer Services - http://blogs.msdn.com/mediasdkstuff/

Monday, May 20, 2013 11:55 PM