none
Application Insight for Classic ASP Website hosted in IIS7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all 

we have one legacy system which is developed in Classic ASP/VBScript. we trying to configure the Application insight for this Classic ASP site also. 

Based on the documentations i installed Application Insight Status Monitor tool on VM and configured the IIS website for Application Insight. I also changed the Application Pool framework version to 4.0 as it was requirement for App insight and our site was configured to work with 2.0. Now we are expecting the data in Azure portal for this website. But unfortunately we not getting any data of Server request, success or failure for the same. in Live metrics it only showing the CPU usage and all other graphs are blank. 

System Details  - Azure VM running with Windows Server 2008 R2 and Website hosted in IIS 7,

can someone please help me to resolve this issue. Am I missing anything in this ? 

Thank you,

Regards

Mahesh Mitkari

Mahesh Mitkari | Cognition InfoTech

Thursday, July 18, 2019 7:26 AM

All replies

• Hi Mahesh,

Thanks for using Application Insights. 

Can you please help confirm if you are using Status Monitor or Status Monitor V2 to enable Application insights for your application hosted on On-premise VM. Are you following the below documentation 

Monitor a Live IIS Web App

Please check out the troubleshooting steps listed here and detailed logs to help isolate the issue.

Troubleshooting Status Monitor V2.

Hope the above information helps, please revert back if you have any further queries. Thanks

Friday, July 19, 2019 5:52 AM
    Owner
  • HI

i think we using Status Monitor V1, actually there is no About section for Status monitor where version is mentioned. can you share any direct link to Download the V2. i installed it from the documentation and it downloaded one installer which i used to install the tool. I am not getting any such download link which can point to V2 of monitoring tool.

2nd thing, i already ref. the documentation you shared and followed same steps. 

updates to my previous Post - what i observed that if i enable the "32 bit application" settings to true in application pool advance settings then it starts working but then my other components used in my application like Persist asp email component fails. 

Mahesh Mitkari | Cognition InfoTech

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 3:26 PM
  • Thanks for the additional information Mahesh.

Status Monitor V2 is a powershell module, please check the below documentation and download links. 

Status Monitor V2 is located here

Hope the above information helps, try installing Status Monitor V2 if it's not already and perform IISreset. Check if that resolves the issue and share your findings. 

Wednesday, July 24, 2019 8:42 PM
    Owner