Hide value of enum from the html (UI) RRS feed

• Question

• User-560223997 posted

I have an enum type like:

public enum EntryState
        {
            Proposed = 0x0001,
            Canceled = 0x0002,
                Approved = 0x0004,    // for compatibility only!
            [Display(Name = "--Authorized--")]
            Authorized = 0x0004,
            Repproved = 0x0008,
            All= Proposed| Canceled | Authorized | Repproved
        }

and I render it in the html as:

@Html.DropDownListFor(m => m.AppStateData.state, Html.GetEnumSelectList<EntryState>(), new { @class = "dstate-control" })

This will show the values in the enum, including 2 with the same value (Approved , Authorized ).

However, I only include Approved for compatibility, and I wouldn't like to render this tag in the html (UI).

Could you help me?

Thursday, June 18, 2020 5:08 PM

Answers

All replies

• User753101303 posted

Hi,

You could use https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/system.obsoleteattribute?view=netcore-3.1 to mark this value and maybe use your own GetEnumSelectList.

Or if I remember you can define a custom metadaprovider that would skip obsoleted enum values.

Edit: see for example http://www.reza-aghaei.com/customize-asp-net-mvc-model-metadata/

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, June 18, 2020 7:19 PM
  • User2078676645 posted

Hi,

You can add where condition judgment after GetEnumSelectList.

@Html.DropDownListFor(m => m.AppStateData.state, Html.GetEnumSelectList<EntryState>().Where(x=>x.Text!= "Approved"), new { @class = "dstate-control" })

Or you can add other logic according to your needs.

Regards,

Evern

Friday, June 19, 2020 1:32 AM
  • User-560223997 posted

Hi,

So, I flagged the values of the enum with [Obsolete] in the definition of the enum.

However, when I try to use this flag in the view with:

var l = typeof(EntryState).GetMembers().Where(l => l.GetCustomAttributes(typeof(ObsoleteAttribute),false).Length == 0);

I obtain also the methods associated to the enum... Do you know how I can get only the values (and not the methods and others)?

Friday, June 19, 2020 9:54 AM