I couldn't download apps and documents, and couldn't install IE add-ons.

Question

• Hello, This is Windows 8 Dev Preview user.

Strangely, I couldn't download documents, installation file, ... , and Active X or add-ons.

Do you know why this happened? Please look at this capture. I clicked retry but same.

And also metro IE is the same as desktop IE.

Please solve this problem please.

Thank you.

Thursday, September 22, 2011 1:48 PM

All replies

• And also metro IE is the same as desktop IE.

The Metro IE uses the same rendering engine but does not run plug-ins. If you need to run a site with a plug-in then you will need to run IE from the Desktop. 
    Joel Ivory Johnson | http://www.j2i.net | Windows Phone Developer MVP
    It takes all the running you can do to stay in one place.If you want to get somewhere else,you must try to run at least twice as fast as that.
    Friday, September 23, 2011 12:23 AM
  • And also metro IE is the same as desktop IE.

The Metro IE uses the same rendering engine but does not run plug-ins. If you need to run a site with a plug-in then you will need to run IE from the Desktop. 
    Joel Ivory Johnson | http://www.j2i.net | Windows Phone Developer MVP
    It takes all the running you can do to stay in one place.If you want to get somewhere else,you must try to run at least twice as fast as that.

Seeing his origine, I'm pretty sure he made a mistake, what he meant to say was "it doesn't work with any IE".

Also, try running IE in compatibility mode.

Regards,

Dylan Meeus

0x2B |~ 0x2B Blog : www.it-ca.net/blogdylan
    Friday, September 23, 2011 12:27 AM
  • Have you tried installing Microsoft .NET? It's not installed with the Windows 8 Developer Preview.

Friday, September 23, 2011 12:31 AM
  • Have you tried installing Microsoft .NET? It's not installed with the Windows 8 Developer Preview.

the .NET4.5 framework is, and so is the WinRT framework. Neither of these are working so I assume this is not the problem at all.
    Thanks for your feedback though.

Regards,

Dylan Meeus

0x2B |~ 0x2B Blog : www.it-ca.net/blogdylan
    Friday, September 23, 2011 12:51 AM