Readme steps for cssfriendly adapters RRS feed

• Question

• User-1773948845 posted

I have done the following steps asiven in the readme

1. Add the appropriate file to your App_Browsers directory.
       2. Add the compiled CSSFriendly.dll to your web site's bin directory

Now i want to know what i should to get the Treeview genearated as given in the sample site

Sunday, February 17, 2008 4:08 AM

All replies

• User-1385398420 posted

Just add a TreeView control like you normally would. CSS adapters don't change the way you use ASP.net controls, it just changes the way they generate output.

Sunday, February 17, 2008 4:37 PM
  • User-1773948845 posted

Can  i had a treeview control in the master page of AJAX enabled site to get the desired result ?

Do we still require the CSS, Javascript, App_Themes and Images folder to get the desired result? or without this also can we get the desired output ?

Monday, February 18, 2008 4:40 AM
  • User-1385398420 posted

Can  i had a treeview control in the master page of AJAX enabled site to get the desired result ?

Do we still require the CSS, Javascript, App_Themes and Images folder to get the desired result? or without this also can we get the desired output ?

Master Page:  YES

AJAX: You should do thorough testing, as the adapters were written before ASP.Net AJAX.

CSS/JS/Themes: Just implement the code as described in the CSS adapter setup and you should be good to go.

As a side thought, it sounds to me you are having a very difficult time getting the adapters working in your project. Do you absolutely need the CSS rendering of the adapters? If not, there's no reason to use the CSSFriendly code in your project.

Monday, February 18, 2008 11:02 AM
  • User-1773948845 posted

Hi

Thanks for your prompt reply. i actually figured out the problem.

The below line is problem in the Master page . I cannot add the following line in the Master page . it gives me a compliation error.

StyleSheetTheme="Enhanced" Title="TreeView Control Adapter: ASP.NET 2.0 CSS Friendly Control Adapters 1.0"

Further the below 2 lines in a treeview control shows as not valid attribute for a treeview control

CssSelectorClass="PrettyTree"

OnAdaptedSelectedNodeChanged="OnTreeSelection"

Any Help

Monday, February 18, 2008 11:16 AM
  • User-1385398420 posted

The problem is your syntax is all wrong.

Regarding MasterPage and themes, from http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/wtxbf3hh.aspx:

Master Pages and Themes

<!---->

You cannot directly apply an ASP.NET theme to a master page. If you add a theme attribute to the @ Master directive, the page will raise an error when it runs.

However, themes are applied to master pages under these circumstances:

• If a theme is defined in the content page. Master pages are resolved in the context of content pages, so the content page's theme is applied to the master page as well.

• If the site as a whole is configured to use a theme by including a theme definition in the pages Element (ASP.NET Settings Schema) element.

For more information, see ASP.NET Themes and Skins Overview.

Regarding the TreeView:

• There is no property named CssSelectorClass
    • There is no event named AdaptedSelectedNodeChanged (it is called SelectedNodeChanged)
    Sounds like you're using a subclass of the TreeView class. The adapters won't work on your subclass. You can get them to work, though it'll take some rewriting of the adapter to support the custom implementation of your class.

Monday, February 18, 2008 11:37 AM
  • User-1773948845 posted

After reading the link what i think as a possible solution to add the property in the web.config

<pages  maintainScrollPositionOnPostBack="true"
                  masterPageFile = "~/Masters/Page1.master"
                  stylesheettheme = "Enhanced"  />

I need to check out this solution!!!!. Further i have one more question.

I was able to get the treeview as suggested in the sample <a href="www.asp.net/cssadapters">sample site</a> in a "aspx" page but not thru master page.

My another problem is when i get the treeview in the "aspx" page i get a blue background and a delay in down time.

Any ideas and solutions

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 1:05 AM