Release 2 of the same app which passed before failed certification RRS feed

• Question

•  

I've created a small to-do task list kind of app. I uploaded the app to the Windows store and release 1 was passed every test and is in the store. Than I just updated my adunits with real ads numbers from MS advertising and submitted release 2 version.

Release 2 failed 2 times saying "app is incomplete in functionality." I added a message dialog box where required and submitted the app third time. Now the reason for failed certification is given as follows:

Commons reasons why apps fail this requirement:
    • The value or usefulness of the app is not clear.
    • The app is only valuable or useful in a subset of the languages that it claims to support.

Notes from Testers:

This app didn't appear to provide value or didn't seem useful to the reviewer.

Does this mean that there is no chance to pass this second release? How do I take it from here?

Friday, June 7, 2013 5:37 PM

All replies

• Tell something more about your apps functionality.

What are the difference between 1st release and 2nd release?

Please explain in detail.

Pradeep AJ

Saturday, June 8, 2013 3:35 PM
  •   There is no major difference between 1st and 2nd release.

It is a simple to-do task list entry type app. A user can enter today's things to do on the page. I already see more than 10 downloads in a day, so it is a kind of useful app.

Sunday, June 9, 2013 11:37 PM
  • Can you tell me what is the new feature you added in your second release?

Because thats what they are saying as "app is incomplete in functionality"

Pradeep AJ

Monday, June 10, 2013 1:28 AM
  • This happened to me a on third release, turned out I had updated external url links incorrectly, it can be as simple as that.
    Monday, June 10, 2013 8:50 PM
  • Yes Andy Sid,

The links you specify should not be incomplete or should not lead to a 'under construction website'.

Pradeep AJ

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 1:10 AM