Microsoft Robotics Developer Studio 2008 on CD RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any way I can get Microsoft Robotics Developer Studio 2008 on a CD? My Internet connection will not allow me to download 333 MB in under 4 days.
    Wednesday, September 24, 2008 8:32 AM

Answers

• It's a pity you don't have a friend with a high-bandwidth connection :-)

We are not set up as a product that is distributed using a physical medium, which would mean we would have to charge for the software just to cover the overheads. For the foreseeable future, you will have to download the software from the web.

Trevor

Monday, September 29, 2008 6:29 AM

All replies

• I'm sorry, but we do not distribute the software on CD. Do you have a friend or a local college where you might be able to download it and burn it to CD?

Just be aware that the current version on the web is a CTP (Community Technology Preview). We will release the final version of 2.0 shortly. Also there are two versions and you will need the full download which is the larger one, but I think you have noticed this already.

Trevor

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 4:19 PM
  • Thanks a lot Trevor, but unfortunately my local school caps it's users' downlaod limit at 10mb, and this is uniform across most local internet access places (eg. local library, community centre, etc.)

I think I will wait for the full version to be released, and then start downloading it before I go away for a few days. It should be done by the time I get back!

Thanks again.
    Sunday, September 28, 2008 5:35 AM
  • It's a pity you don't have a friend with a high-bandwidth connection :-)

We are not set up as a product that is distributed using a physical medium, which would mean we would have to charge for the software just to cover the overheads. For the foreseeable future, you will have to download the software from the web.

Trevor

Monday, September 29, 2008 6:29 AM