none
What is the way to run application without LCD device?? RRS feed

• Question

• Dear developers,

Greetings!!

As, my image is build with KITL enabled and in Debug mode and I have downloaded the images over Ethernet to see some debug logs. But the case is that When my device connect to the host machine via KITL and in that case I cannot use FTP and Telnet. Previously I used Remote Display Connection because our target device is a Headless device. 

And we don't have OTG and we don't want to run the application at start up.

So, when we use KITL and in this scenario our RDC(Remote Desktop Connection)  does not work.

And I want to run the application from the target device so that I can see some debug logs in PB Console.

Is, there any way to run the application ?????

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 4:40 AM

Answers

• Hi,

1. try s cmd /c "SD flash\MyDir\MyAppl1" @ Command Prompt

2. your problem with VMINI sounds weird, because VMINI relies on KITL driver to transfer its data. Looks like a BSP issue.

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 9:49 AM

All replies

• Dear Developers,

Shall I accept that there is no way to run the application according to the mentioned scenario???

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 7:02 AM
  • There are methods available. you can copy the corresponding application to your device through remote file viewer using KITL. you can run the application through target control shell using the following command

> s <application.exe>

you can see the running process through the follwing command

> gi proc

you call kill the application through the following command

> kp < pid>

Please mark as answer, if it is correct.
    Please vote,if it is helpful post.
    Vinoth.R

http://vinoth-vinothblog.blogspot.com
    http://www.e-consystems.com/windowsce.asp

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 7:24 AM
  • Hi,

you can use FTP/Telnet and other network services if your BSP enables VMINI.
    For CEPC-based you do nothing to active it, but ARM BSPs are needed with some adjustments, probably.

Best regards, Igor

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 7:41 AM
  • Dear Developers,

@Vinoth, Yes you are right. With Windows CE Command Prompt we can run the application but that application should be the part of Windows folder. And I have run the same application what I want to run and I can see the messages on the PB Console. Your answer will be marked the correct one according to the query. But my application is the part of eMMC/SD Card. So, how can I change the directory.???

Hope that my point is clear to you..

@iShust , You are also right but if I enable VIMINI then in that case I cannot see the debug messages so for that KITL shoulf be enabled and VIMINI should be disabled.

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 9:10 AM
  • Hi,

1. try s cmd /c "SD flash\MyDir\MyAppl1" @ Command Prompt

2. your problem with VMINI sounds weird, because VMINI relies on KITL driver to transfer its data. Looks like a BSP issue.

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 9:49 AM