none
Unable to successfully install upgrade to Windows xp home edition to Windows XP professional RRS feed

• Question

• My computer came with Windows XP home edition installed. I bought a brand new upgrade to windows XP professional, which I did not try to install until today. I tried installing it twice because  at the end of installation the screen when starting the computer keeps saying windows XP home edition. I would think that it should say Windows XP Professional if the installation was  successful.

Also,  I was  unable to activate the installation either by   using the the shortcut to  activate windows,  or also by trying  by way of Start--All programs---accessories---system tools----activate windows. When I click on activate windows  nothing happens and there is no wizard to guide  me  through the activation.

I cannot register either.

When attempting to install the upgrade I entered the product key and followed  the other  directions too.

Why can't I install the upgrade and why cannot activate th einstallation, or  register  either?

How can I solve these problems?
    Sunday, November 22, 2009 11:41 AM