none
issue with 48-bit lba ata command RRS feed

• Question

• I want to issue a 48-bit lba mode ata read command to the connected device. the problem lies in the datatransferlength variable present in the ata_pass_through_ex structure. If i increase the size of the datatransferlength more than 512*256 it shows an invalid parameter error. Can anyone please suggest me an alternate solution for the above problem. I need to use transferlength more than 512*256.
    Friday, April 12, 2013 11:41 AM

Answers

• I want to issue a 48-bit lba mode ata read command to the connected device. the problem lies in the datatransferlength variable present in the ata_pass_through_ex structure. If i increase the size of the datatransferlength more than 512*256 it shows an invalid parameter error. Can anyone please suggest me an alternate solution for the above problem. I need to use transferlength more than 512*256.

I am not sure, whether it works,check the remark section of ATA_PASS_THROUGH_EX. It says an option for using system memory instead of buffer. Also for better support, you should ask this on a driver development forum.

Thanks, Renjith V R

Saturday, April 13, 2013 7:49 AM