none
Excel file generated with OpenXml SDK 2.5 getting corrupted on save in Excel 2010 with Language Pack RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    We are using OpenXML SDK 2.5 to generate Excel files. When we open and save the excel file 2010 version with language pack installed, the excel file is getting corrupted. On investigation on the xml files, we have found that in workbook.xml, for ext node in extLst, the xml namespace url is not getting generated but the ext node is prefixed as x:ext. When it is corrected manually and opened, the excel file is opening properly. Below the xml snippets where the error has been found.

    NOTE: Once the file is generated, the file opens correctly. But on save in Excel 2010 With French Language Pack, the file is getting corrupted.

    Actual Generated XML Snippet:

                    <x:extLst>

                                    <x:ext xmlns:x15="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/spreadsheetml/2010/11/main" uri="{140A7094-0E35-4892-8432-C4D2E57EDEB5}">

                                                    <x15:workbookPr chartTrackingRefBase="1" />

                                    </x:ext>

                    </x:extLst>

    On Save in Excel 2010 with French Language Pack (“x” namespace declaration is missing):

    <extLst>

                                    <x:ext uri="{140A7094-0E35-4892-8432-C4D2E57EDEB5}" xmlns:x15="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/spreadsheetml/2010/11/main">

                                                    <x15:workbookPr chartTrackingRefBase="1"/>

                                    </x:ext>

                    </extLst>

    Change after which it works (This I got by comparing the xmls from the Excel file which is saved in English Version Excel 2010):

    <extLst>

                    <x:ext xmlns:x="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/spreadsheetml/2006/main" uri="{140A7094-0E35-4892-8432-C4D2E57EDEB5}" xmlns:x15="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/spreadsheetml/2010/11/main">

                                    <x15:workbookPr chartTrackingRefBase="1"/>

                    </x:ext>

    </extLst>

    Any inputs on how to solve this issue will be helpful.

    The original and corrupted files can be downloaded from Onedrive Link

    Thanks,

    Phani Vankadari


    • Edited by Phani Kumar Vankadari Wednesday, April 1, 2015 9:38 AM Added link to the files for verification if required
    Wednesday, April 1, 2015 9:27 AM

Answers

All replies

  • Hello Phani -

    Thanks for contacting Microsoft support. A support engineer will be in touch to assist further.

    Regards.


    Tarun Chopra | Escalation Engineer | Open Specifications Support Team

    Saturday, April 4, 2015 2:31 AM
  • Hi Phani,

    I'll take a look at your files and test them against Excel 2010 and 2013 with the French language pack. I've already tested with the Open XML SDK tool and that seems to validate as expected reporting the corruption, i.e. missing namespace for spreadsheetml. 

    I'll get back to you soon.

    Best regards,
    Tom Jebo
    Microsoft Open Specifications

    Saturday, April 4, 2015 6:14 AM
    Moderator
  • Hi Phani,

    I've found that this is a known issue and that there is a hotfix available publicly for this:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2849977/

    Please let me know if you still have trouble with this namespace issue after installing the fix.

    Thanks,

    Tom

    Monday, April 13, 2015 11:44 PM
    Moderator