locked
Passing Parameter to Web service Method RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi All,

    I am using Business Intelligence report server project under VS 2005. Here I am calling a web service method with parameter, to pull and display the record on the report. when I pass the parameter value to the report it is passing the null value to the web method parameter.

    I have maped the report parameter with the web method parameter. 

    what would be wrong? How does one pass in parameters from the report to the web service?

    MB

     

    Friday, May 7, 2010 8:00 PM

Answers

  • I got the solution.

     I simply removed the "/" from the namespace of my webservice. rebuild the solution. It worked. 

    • Marked as answer by Manish_B Wednesday, May 12, 2010 7:57 PM
    Wednesday, May 12, 2010 7:57 PM

All replies

  • Hi Manish_B,

    Check this thread http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlreportingservices/thread/84aef5ec-83ca-4d37-a55a-30061f5bb3d9 to see if it helps. If not, describe your requirement in more details.

    thanks,
    Jerry

    Tuesday, May 11, 2010 7:03 AM
  • Hi Jerry,

    Thanks for your response. I tried with that solution also but It didnt work for me.

    here is the query I am passing through my dataset:

    <Query>
       <Method Name="CraditableCoverage" Namespace="http://mysite">
    <Parameters>
            <Parameter Name='EmployeeID'>            
            </Parameter>
    </Parameters>
       </Method>
       <ElementPath IgnoreNamespaces="true">
    CraditableCoverageResponse{}/CraditableCoverageResult{}/diffgram{}/NewDataSet{}/Table1{customerId,username}</ElementPath>
    </Query>

    EmployeeId is type of string. I tried with applying Type= string in parameter node also, but it didnt work for me.

    when I run this query, my webmethode is getting a null value from this request.

     

    Thanks

    • Edited by Manish_B Wednesday, May 12, 2010 7:57 PM
    Wednesday, May 12, 2010 2:38 PM
  • I got the solution.

     I simply removed the "/" from the namespace of my webservice. rebuild the solution. It worked. 

    • Marked as answer by Manish_B Wednesday, May 12, 2010 7:57 PM
    Wednesday, May 12, 2010 7:57 PM