Camera Brightness/Contrast/Saturation Slider

Question

• Hello,

I am making a metro app which uses the MediaCapture API to display a custom camera interface. I also want users to be able to manually adjust values such as saturation and individual RGB components, however I cannot figure out how to do this (the API provides controls for brightness, contrast, hues, etc. but not access to the individual RGB components of each pixel). I understand I can make a C++ DirectX runtime component for image filtering, but that component would not be adjustable with a slider, so it doesn't really help me. How can I allow users to adjust properties of a camera preview not provided by the API?

All help is greatly appreciated and I always accept an answer!

NOTE: I have tried javascript filtering with the <canvas> element, but it is far too slow. If anyone can think of a way to GPU-accelerate javascript filtering, that would solve my problem as well.

Thursday, August 02, 2012 9:21 PM

Answers

All replies

• HI

This API is for every camera,

if you want additional customize function you need MFT.

please check this video from 0:05:00, it explain how to achieve what you want and more about other camera options.

And MSDN about Metro style Device Apps :http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/hh833796.aspx

Hope it helpful.

• Edited by Dino He Friday, August 03, 2012 12:12 PM
    Friday, August 03, 2012 11:02 AM
  • The video and examples are with regards to third-party cameras. I want to know how to apply a varying level of an effect (e.g. saturation) on the output of the default webcam. This sample illustrates sort of what I want to do (the problem with this sample is that the effect is not adjustable).

Friday, August 03, 2012 3:04 PM
  • Hi

I'm not sure about it,  I'll involve someone who familiar with this camera API.

Please wait for a few days.

Thanks

• Edited by Dino He Monday, August 06, 2012 7:47 AM
    Monday, August 06, 2012 7:32 AM
  • Have you looked at the MFT0 camera sample (JavaScript version).

Best Wishes - Eric

Monday, August 06, 2012 2:48 PM
  • Just to clarify,

You are developing the app for your camera.  Is that correct?

Best Wishes - Eric

Monday, August 06, 2012 5:44 PM
  • No. I am developing an interface for whatever the default camera is. I have taken a look at the MFT0 sample, and while it does help understand how MFTs work, it doesn't explain how to apply an adjustable level of a transform, such as is needed in my case.
    Tuesday, August 07, 2012 4:20 PM
  • Ignore the previous answer...  It was posted to the wrong thread...  I am still looking into this..

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 4:13 PM
  • I look forward to your answer
    Monday, August 13, 2012 11:13 PM
  • Is this thread still active?
    Wednesday, August 29, 2012 10:58 PM
  • You can get the Win8 MediaStreamSource media extension SDK sample here:  http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/MediaStreamSource-media-dfd55dff

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 11:42 PM