usage analysis processing returns previous dates not current date RRS feed

• Question

• in my MOSS 2007 portal, i already enabled usage analysis processing >> enable logging and enable usage processing start 430pm end 11pm... but as i check SPD 2007 >>Site menu >> Reports >> Usage >> Daily Page hits it only returns items dated last year. How can i add todays daily page hits. What should i need to enable? Please help
    cal_bonjovi
    • Changed type Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, August 18, 2011 10:45 AM always use the question type so people get credit for replies
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, August 18, 2011 10:45 AM spd questions except workflow go to Design/Customization (From:SharePoint - Setup, Upgrade, Administration and Operation (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Thursday, August 18, 2011 8:51 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The usage reporting feature should be enabled at both farm, SSP and site collection level to make it function. At site settings -> site collection feature, please ensure the Reporting feature had been activated.
    If problem still remain, please see the usage analysis timer job status in Central Admin site, in case the timer job failure getting in the way.

Thanks & Regards.

Lily Wu
    Forum Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Lily Wu Friday, August 26, 2011 9:21 AM
    Friday, August 19, 2011 8:03 AM
  • Hi,

Check if the services Windows SharePoint Services Usage logging and Office SharePoint Usage Processing are enabled or not.

These services must be enabled. Next check for the usage analysis at SSP level.

Also you need to check if the timer services are running or not.

If you see that it is enable then look in Central Admin-->Operations-->Timer Job Status whether the timer job Usage Analysis is running fine or not.

If you see that it is failing then look at the ULS logs of that time and get the error. If you find that it is successfully then switch on verbose mode of ULS logging at the time of this job execution and follow the execution through the ULS logs to find the cause.

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    • Marked as answer by Lily Wu Friday, August 26, 2011 9:22 AM
    Sunday, August 21, 2011 7:00 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The usage reporting feature should be enabled at both farm, SSP and site collection level to make it function. At site settings -> site collection feature, please ensure the Reporting feature had been activated.
    If problem still remain, please see the usage analysis timer job status in Central Admin site, in case the timer job failure getting in the way.

Thanks & Regards.

Lily Wu
    Forum Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Lily Wu Friday, August 26, 2011 9:21 AM
    Friday, August 19, 2011 8:03 AM
  • Hi,

Check if the services Windows SharePoint Services Usage logging and Office SharePoint Usage Processing are enabled or not.

These services must be enabled. Next check for the usage analysis at SSP level.

Also you need to check if the timer services are running or not.

If you see that it is enable then look in Central Admin-->Operations-->Timer Job Status whether the timer job Usage Analysis is running fine or not.

If you see that it is failing then look at the ULS logs of that time and get the error. If you find that it is successfully then switch on verbose mode of ULS logging at the time of this job execution and follow the execution through the ULS logs to find the cause.

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    • Marked as answer by Lily Wu Friday, August 26, 2011 9:22 AM
    Sunday, August 21, 2011 7:00 AM