How do I reopen a bug report? RRS feed

• Question

• I filed a bug report (here) using Visual Studio Feedback tool and the report is closed as "not a bug". But it is a bug and I'd like to reopen it. How to do this?

Ignorance is blissful

Monday, March 19, 2018 5:50 AM

Answers

• Hi Neo the 1,

Firstly, thanks for your posting in the MSDN forum.

Based on your description, my understanding is that it would be related to the Developer community case's statue, am I right?

Actually this forum is just to discuss the VS IDE issue, but for your issue, I provide my suggestions.

If this feedback was not resolved, you could add your comment in your report:

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/212434/an-exception-occurred-while-invoking-executor-exec.html

Since the product team provide the suggestion there, you could also add a comment there and ask him about how to re-open that feedback, I think they could provide you the direct answer.

Of course, if it means that we need to re-create a new feedback, you could use the feedback tool report this issue again. But as far as I know, the product team members could change the Closed-Not a Bug status by themselves. Anyway, just add your comment there, and you would get the follow up in time.

If you get any VS IDE usage issue, feel free to post it here.

Have a nice day,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Neo the 1 Monday, March 19, 2018 11:07 AM
    Monday, March 19, 2018 7:39 AM

All replies

• Hi Neo the 1,

Firstly, thanks for your posting in the MSDN forum.

Based on your description, my understanding is that it would be related to the Developer community case's statue, am I right?

Actually this forum is just to discuss the VS IDE issue, but for your issue, I provide my suggestions.

If this feedback was not resolved, you could add your comment in your report:

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/212434/an-exception-occurred-while-invoking-executor-exec.html

Since the product team provide the suggestion there, you could also add a comment there and ask him about how to re-open that feedback, I think they could provide you the direct answer.

Of course, if it means that we need to re-create a new feedback, you could use the feedback tool report this issue again. But as far as I know, the product team members could change the Closed-Not a Bug status by themselves. Anyway, just add your comment there, and you would get the follow up in time.

If you get any VS IDE usage issue, feel free to post it here.

Have a nice day,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Neo the 1 Monday, March 19, 2018 11:07 AM
    Monday, March 19, 2018 7:39 AM
  • I knew it might not be the right place to ask this question, but I have no idea where to do this otherwise.

Thanks for you reply and suggestion.

Ignorance is blissful

Monday, March 19, 2018 11:08 AM