Membership Not Working When Put Live As Subdomain of Site RRS feed

• Question

• User-341994687 posted

Hi, 

I created a site that uses membership for certain functionality. It works fine locally. But when I put it as a subdomain it is not working correctly. I think it has to be something to do with the two sites having different membership. Is there a way to sort this out?

Best regards,

Seamus 

Monday, June 23, 2014 8:52 AM

Answers

• User753101303 posted

Hi,

Sure but as always, please never post an error without telling what is the exact error you are talking about. Usually it helps to quickly see in which direction to search or to reject possible error causes one can think about...

Is this installed inside a separate IIS web application ? I'm not 100% sure what you call a subdomain but if you have something like a.yourcompany.com and b.yourcompany.com then it should have been configured as distinct web sites and you shouldn't have any interaction between them.

If you meant rather something like company.com/a and company.com/b then you used subdirectories and perhaps have you defined a single application at the root company.com level which could cause the issue you have (as both a and b are then inside this single IIS web application). This is where knowing the exact error message you have could help.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, June 23, 2014 10:17 AM