none
Outlook 365 Add-in - catching all the calendar actions(Save, update, delete Event) RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I am developing an Add-in for Outlook 365, my requirement is as follows: whenever an event is created on outlook, I need to get that action triggered by JS API on my method, and based on the action, I need to update the data on my server.  The same for other actions like update event, delete event. Is Office.js providing such event listening feature? How can I achieve this ?

Monday, January 9, 2017 12:28 PM

All replies

• Hello Ruban,

Unfortunately Office.js API for Outlook doesn't provide any events you would like to monitor. The API completely driven by user interaction with your add-in. There are two options to move on with your project: 1. if you need an event driven add-in, you should look at COM/VSTO add-ins; 2. You may think over on the tasks you need to achieve and try to design your solution driven by user input from inside your add-in; basically the sending information to your server will happen only if user choose to, by invoking your add-in.

Hope this helps,

Slava Ivanov

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 9:49 PM
  • Thank you. But I am sorry, I can not go for either of both options. And I posted one more question again for the same need, not got any answer yet, can you look into this below ?

I am developing an add-in for outlook 365. My requirement is to create one such event in my app as any calendar event is created in outlook. I looked through hoping to get some event listening features in Office.js, but I came to know that the only way is to go for webhooks for catching any action from outlook. 
    Now my question is, is it possible to get notifications from all users of my tenants when a new event is created, updated, deleted, being an admin, using Graph webhooks API ? Or is there any workaround, so I get notified for all the outlook event actions(create, update, delete),  of all the users, just by being an admin. What is your suggestion for me on my requirement ? 

• Edited by Ruban Joshva Wednesday, January 11, 2017 4:29 AM
    Wednesday, January 11, 2017 4:26 AM