none
Where are the latest MUI Language Packs for XP Embedded for download? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

first of all: I know this forum is not about XP Embedded but about windows embedded. However I couldn't find an official XPe Forum...

I have to create an XP Embedded System (containing SP3) that contains several languages for the buttons to chose from (German, French, Spanish). I was told I could get the MUI packs at the microsoft homepage but I cannot find them anywhere.

can anyone help?

Thank you!

Matthias

Thursday, April 14, 2011 7:09 AM

Answers

All replies

• This forum is for XP Embedded - the title is Windows Embedded Standard 2009. XPE and WES2009 are the same product different name. You can thank marketing folks with MBA degress for the confusion.

Most of the updates are available on the ECE website. You get access to the website when you sign a license agreement. Please contact your distributor for more information.

What other MUI packs are you looking for?

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 5:51 PM
  • With WES2009 the MUI Packs are in Toolkit DVD. I think with XPe the CDs contain the MUIs.
    "Mark/Propose As Answer" if you got one.
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 9:22 PM
  • KNARZ you are correct with XPE the MUI's were extra cdroms in the pack, bulking out the entire kit to 9 cd's in all.

I have not seen any updates to the MUI's on the ECE site, although truth to tell we do not develop under XPe anymore, so the repository is somewhat outdated.

Will have a nose around the ECE site and get back to this

www.embeddedtalk.co.uk www.steatite.co.uk
    Friday, April 15, 2011 5:17 AM
    Answerer
  • I guess the correct thing to do is to move on to the renamed version of XPe ---- WES2009, which has all the MUI packs on tehe DVD.

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Friday, April 15, 2011 7:18 AM
  • but this will cost 995$.
    "Mark/Propose As Answer" if you got one.
    Friday, April 15, 2011 3:15 PM
  • Unless you have the appropriate MSDN subscription level, then you can download it. Better to move to WES2009 over something that will go EOL shortly.

-Sean

Friday, April 15, 2011 3:27 PM
  • Friday, May 6, 2011 6:38 PM