cannot connect to my ftp site with sharepoint designer 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• I have VERY BASIC knowledge of sharepoint but have been able to edit our website on and off for the past few years. The other day I went to log into our site and it did not recognize my username and password. When i enter the username and password and click enter it just pops up again. An error message does not display. The username is our ftp site name and i have always logged in by opening sharepoint designer itself and then editing the live version. Any suggestions or help? I am the only one who edits the site so it is not an issue of teh password being changed.

thanks.

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, August 11, 2011 5:32 PM spd questions except wf go to the design/cust forum (From:SharePoint - Setup, Upgrade, Administration and Operation (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 5:25 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I had a similar sounding issue after upgrading from IE7 to IE8 *. I now have to use my "account name" for my user log-in, rather than my User Name or e-mail address. I still use the same password.

If you can log in to your SharePoint site, go to Site Actions, Site Settings, People and Groups and click on your user name. Your account name should be the first line in the User Information.

I hope this fixes your problems in SPD.

Eric

* Edit: or maybe it occurred after moving from Windows XP to Windows 7. That would make more sense since SPD is outside of the broswer ...
    • Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Thursday, August 18, 2011 7:18 AM
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 8:20 PM