none
USB interface RRS feed

• Question

• I have a device connecting to my computer through USB. The heart of the device is a PIC chip, and it sensors temperature from a oven and sends the value back to PC. I can display the temperature data on the hyperterminal of my computer, but can't catch it. Is there anyway I can build a VB project to record the temerature data? Thank you for your reading.
    Monday, July 6, 2009 12:22 AM

Answers

• Hello,

It doesn't sound like your device utilizes the Windows 7 Sensor platform, so I don't think we'll be able to offer you much guidance here.  If your device did provide a driver for the platform, you could use the Windows API Code Pack to get a managed interop layer that would work from VB.

Dan
    Tuesday, July 7, 2009 2:59 PM

All replies

• Hello,

It doesn't sound like your device utilizes the Windows 7 Sensor platform, so I don't think we'll be able to offer you much guidance here.  If your device did provide a driver for the platform, you could use the Windows API Code Pack to get a managed interop layer that would work from VB.

Dan
    Tuesday, July 7, 2009 2:59 PM
  • I think you first of all need to have a driver with Sensor extension in order to be able to access its data via Sensor and Location Platform API.
    Program Manager, Microsoft Corporation
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 12:47 PM