none
Upgraded SSRS 2016 to PBIRS, reports with many parameters arent rendering on screen as expected RRS feed

• Question

• We have a few reports that have quite a few parameters. With the upgrade to PBIRS, users are able to scroll through the parameters but when they click on the param to enter data (one that excepts multiple lines of data), the text box immediately goes to the bottom of the screen

We used to be able to see all of the parameters before the upgrade.

How can we get this to perform as it used to?

EDIT: I have a screenshot but cannot post due to being a new user
    • Edited by JD_PW Monday, April 22, 2019 5:38 PM
    Monday, April 22, 2019 4:32 PM

All replies

• Hi JD_PW

According to your description  ,It is hard to image what the detailed issue you got .

You could try to post the image or the correspond report in other website and attach the url here .

If possible you could try to upload the report in the ssrs web portal (if you have one ) ,and check if it works fine or not .

Does the report in power bi web portal have no difference with the report in ssrs web portal ?

Try to check the browser’s developer tools and check the web element .

You could offer more detailed information to us for more further research.

Hoping for your reply.

Best Regards,

Eric Liu

Best Regards, Eric Liu MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer if the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

• Proposed as answer by Eric Liu001 Wednesday, April 24, 2019 7:46 AM
    Tuesday, April 23, 2019 1:57 AM
  • Eric,

This is what it looks like when you try to enter values into the parameter: https://i.stack.imgur.com/N5IO9.png. It will turn the entire page white

• Edited by JD_PW Wednesday, April 24, 2019 1:15 PM
    Wednesday, April 24, 2019 1:04 PM
  • Hi JD_PW

According to your description , we still could not judge the detailed issue you got .

If possible you could try to do the test steps which I mentioned in the previous reply?

Also ,you could try to do the following test to check the issue .

• Download the latest power bi report server , and check if it works fine or not .
    • Try to use different browser and check if it works fine or not .
    • Check if the report works fine in the report builder preview mode .
    • What do you mean the “scroll through the parameters ” in your scenario .

If possible you could offer the more detailed information as possible as you can to us for more further research .

Hoping for your reply.

Best Regards,

Eric Liu

Best Regards, Eric Liu MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer if the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Thursday, April 25, 2019 2:40 AM
  • Eric,

My apologies. I did complete the steps.

It does the same thing on all browsers (IE, Edge, FireFox, Chrome)

We're running the latest version of PBIRS (January 2019). From what I understand there is a newer version coming out in May

Report works fine in Report Builder preview mode

I've uploaded a video showing what is happening. Note, I cannot maximize the parameter section like we can do in report builder.

Here is the video: https://youtu.be/-7B302QJpIc

Thursday, April 25, 2019 3:22 PM
  • Hi JD_PW

I am afraid that we could not reproduce your issue , seems it would be some issue for the pbirs web portal and the rdl file . (pbirs web portal is for .pbix file )

So ,if possible you’d better change the report design ,and try to use lesss parameter and see if it works fine .

Or you could try to post the correspond issue at : Microsoft Power BI Community   Issues .

This forum try to collect some issue about the pbirs and fix the limit .

Thanks for your support and understanding,

Best Regards,

Eric Liu

Friday, April 26, 2019 2:58 AM