Standalone Team Explorer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Can we use Team Explorer without visual studio? I know if we install Team Explorer without VS a Shell Vs will be created.But it doesn't have full functionality like we cant run the VB project. Any other way?? Is it possible to integrate Team Explorer with Express products?? pl help

Thank you 

Thursday, December 20, 2012 1:20 PM

Answers

• Integration into VS Express is not possible.

However, you could install the Power tools on top of team explorer, which gives you the possibility to check-in and out from Windows Explorer. This is not a solution if I understand your question correctly, but maybe it is a workaround

Regards,

Owin

Thursday, December 20, 2012 3:09 PM
  • Hi Winman, 

Thanks for your post.

We install and use the Team Explorer as the client connect to TFS Server, if you want to create projects in clients, you need to install VS.

You can use the Team Explorer connect to TFS Express server. 

John Qiao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, December 21, 2012 8:33 AM

All replies

• Integration into VS Express is not possible.

However, you could install the Power tools on top of team explorer, which gives you the possibility to check-in and out from Windows Explorer. This is not a solution if I understand your question correctly, but maybe it is a workaround

Regards,

Owin

Thursday, December 20, 2012 3:09 PM
  • Hi Winman, 

Thanks for your post.

We install and use the Team Explorer as the client connect to TFS Server, if you want to create projects in clients, you need to install VS.

You can use the Team Explorer connect to TFS Express server. 

John Qiao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, December 21, 2012 8:33 AM