none
Question Regarding Virtual Channel registration RRS feed

• Question

• I had registered my Terminal Services under HKLM .When a user runs the application for the first time, that user doesn't have any configuration data related to that application in the HKCU portion of the system registry So at first time it Looks under HKLM for the virtual channel dll and program works fine. Since the application is lacking some of the required configuration data, the configuration settings are copied from HKLM to HKCU. Once the data exists in HKCU, then it can be customized for the individual user if necessary. Any data copied to HKCU is permanently so that configuration data will not have to be copied from HKLM the next time that the user logs in.So when user run the App next time it looks for Virtual channel Dll under HKCU and at the time when all configured dara are copied from HKLM to HKCU it copies defaul\Addins but it doesn't copy my Virtualchanneldll key i means default\addins\Virtual so it doesn't copy Virtual and it's corresponding entry to HKCU and at that time application fail .So Can anyone tell me how to copy my Virtualchanneldllto HKCU with default\addins so that it will work proper.

Thanks

Rupesh Shukla
    Rupesh Shukla
    Monday, August 31, 2009 3:23 PM

Answers