none
static survey/store data in database RRS feed

Answers

• Hello,

>>storing static data from a survey to an already existing database.

From your description, if I understand correctly, you want to know how to use the Entity Framework to load data from the repository's to an existing database.

As far as I know, Entity Framework is usually used to operate the data in an existing database.

It seems that you want to achieve the exactly the opposite function.

For this, my suggestion is that we need firstly fetch data from the survey and then create corresponding entities and then insert entities into database using Entity Framework.

For how to insert entities into database, please have a look at the link below:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/data/jj592676.aspx

If I have misunderstood, please let me know.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, October 28, 2013 9:01 AM

All replies

• Hi Selim,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

I think this thread is specific to Data forum. This form is to discuss problems about C# development. So I am helping you to move this thread directly into that forum. Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 8:48 AM
  • Hello,

>>storing static data from a survey to an already existing database.

From your description, if I understand correctly, you want to know how to use the Entity Framework to load data from the repository's to an existing database.

As far as I know, Entity Framework is usually used to operate the data in an existing database.

It seems that you want to achieve the exactly the opposite function.

For this, my suggestion is that we need firstly fetch data from the survey and then create corresponding entities and then insert entities into database using Entity Framework.

For how to insert entities into database, please have a look at the link below:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/data/jj592676.aspx

If I have misunderstood, please let me know.

Regards.

Monday, October 28, 2013 9:01 AM