Error when adding .mdf file(Database) to application.web RRS feed

• Question

•  Hey,  I am a beginner with SL and I'm attempting to create a web application described in a book > 'MS Silverlight 4 Step by Step'

When adding the database item (.mdf file) to my application.web I get the following error

a network related or instance specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL server.   The server was not found or was not accessible.  Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server Instance\Specified)

I'm running Win7 32bit.  I have SQL Server 2008 R2 installed.   SQL Server (SQLExpress) is running.  For protocols I have both Shared Memory and Name Pipes enabled.  

How do i verify that the SQL instance name is correct Or ensure that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections?

Thanks,
    Jeff

Friday, September 10, 2010 2:22 PM

Answers

• Ok I resolved this issue myself.    I  re-installed SQL Server Express 2008 and added mixed mode authentication.   The issue is no longer occuring! :)    

Friday, September 10, 2010 2:49 PM