none
Verify if sender receives ACK successfully on MLLP adapter 2way receive port RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm working on receiving HL7 Order Result message ORUR01 from a sender client, we are on MLLP adapter.

doing some testing with the sender client if they receive ACK/NACK, i have configured request-response receive port and checked "Route ACK to send pipeline on request-response receive port" in HL7 configuration explorer under Acknowledgment tab (party name matches MSH 5.1).

the messages are successfully being received from the sender party,and there is no error or warning message for ACK in Event Viewer, i'm assuming ACKs are sent successfully. But the sender party claims they didn't receive any ACK on same connection.

How do i verify in BizTalk server if ACK/NACK messages are sent successfully

note: i receive ACK/NACKs successffully  from the sender party when i send HL7.

thanks

noorsyed

Friday, December 2, 2016 6:37 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Noor

You can enable MessageBody and MessageProperty tracking on the 2-way ReceivePort.

After the ReceivePort completes, you can check from Tracked Service Instances -> Completed Instances link in Group Hub Page of Admin Console. It will show you the transmission time of the Send Pipeline of the 2-way Receive Port.

Additionally, you can use a Network Capture Tool like Netmon or WireShark to capture the network traffic and prove to the client if you sent the ACK back. You can set a filter on your IP address and that of the destionation IP address to remove the unnecessary network chatter.

Thanks Arindam

Friday, December 2, 2016 6:59 AM
  • Are you sure you're using a Two Way Receive Location/Port?
    • Marked as answer by noor syed Monday, December 5, 2016 11:04 AM
    Friday, December 2, 2016 7:13 PM