The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

[W8.1]Issue on secondary tile in windows store apps? RRS feed

• Question

• I have created secondary tiles in my application, while uninstall application cleared secondary tiles also its fine. But the problem is secondary tiles are restore while reinstall my application. 

I am unable to find issue. Please help me anyone how to resolve issue.

Thanks,

Siva Varri

Thread response from msdn

Friday, May 15, 2015 5:37 AM

Answers

• Hi Siva,

I can reproduce this scenario using visual studio to deploy on my local computer. But I do not think it is a secondary tiles issue. It’s a system behavior to provide consistent and efficient way to launch directly into the parent app. Users can remove secondary tiles at any time if they want.

We developer can also unpin the secondary tiles, but need user to click button to agree remove tiles from start screen. Try the following code snippet.

SecondaryTile tile = (await SecondaryTile.FindAllAsync()).FirstOrDefault((t) => t.TileId == "your tile's ID");

if (tile != null) await tile.RequestDeleteAsync();

By the way, according to https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/0e1536a0-89ef-4e88-8d64-bcc30692f3bb/the-building-windows-store-apps-with-c-or-vb-forum-is-retiring?forum=winappswithcsharp, I am helping move thread to developing universal windows app forum and edit the title.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, May 18, 2015 5:15 AM